Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ZCM 11.0 - Cumulative Agent Patch 1 - Known issues

Hey,

For those of you deploying this, please reply to this thread with issues you encounter and a few lines about your setup (eDir/AD usersource, Client OS and Server OS).

I ask this because I've tested the file prior to the release (and the earlier ZESM fixes), I've had negative results that impact the implementation of the fix.

The error I am getting after deploying this is a massive increase in the time the agent service takes to start up, up to 5 minutes extra on a relatively new computer (Dell Latitude E5410), making such things as login with new userprofile and the NWC increase dramatically.... When the service is started, it is however fixed as they say, regarding the Location Awareness engine that was my initial problem(The TID also lacks VMXNET 3 network controller from the affected)...

This is not an attack on Novell or anything, its just that I want more information from others, if its my setup or if its common, other issues etc. (I really want Novell to be more open though, so its easier to work with your products, and I hope they fix their RSS feeds!)

Best Regards,
Rune "TheFlyingCorpse" Darrud
Labels (2)
0 Likes
69 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

It is according to the tid, updated a few days ago (now also with the secedit.exe and GPO directories)

Should I open an SR for this, even though I am unable to make the issue happen without letting the PC be online for XX minutes/hours?

The issue is not occuring when SEP is not installed.
The issue is not occuring when the ZCM agent is not installed.

PC Boots (ZCM events):
Windows boots.
ZENworks Adaptive Agent starts.
zac ref partial at boot, when logged on.
zac ref full after 300 to 340 seconds
zac ref partial after 4 hrs
zac ref partial after 8 hrs
zac ref full after 12 hrs.

SEP should ONLY be there for a weekly scan after 10PM wednesday, thursday or friday. There is not any other event fired, cept Live Update ever 4 hrs.
According to what our SEP active scanning is completely disabled(and all exclusions according to the TID's I've supplied him), according to the guy in charge of the AV administration.

Worth an SR or should we just have all PC's with ZCM agent installed not have SEP or vica versa? (12000 in all)
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Theflyingcorpse,

I think a SR is best...

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Just spoke to Engineering (I think), its a known issue. Will know more later once the SR is updated 🙂
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

@ above, that was me, using wrong the account. (-:
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RuneD,

I figured it was you 😉

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Hi, may I know what problem do u encounter with symantec anti virus? We have SAV10 installed in most computer. But we are going to deploy the SEP11 soon.

As what I can encounter as u mention HDD is lockup. I have the similar problem. We have a weekly inventory scanning during off peak hour. But I realize most workstation will perform inventory scanning when the workstation bootup. So user with lower end computer may have slow performance when the pc start. It takes about 15-20min to do the scanning while SAV10 has quick scan schedule too.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Theflyingcorpse,

it's released, go look for yourself 🙂

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
Captain
Captain

theflyingcorpse;2111458 wrote:
Will it fix more conflicts with Symantec Endpoint Protection? We are experiencing massive issues with it, and had to reinstall 700 machines because we could not trust to use ZCM in production during the students Exam (it would have been 1500, but deployments have been frozen due to the issue).

The only recorded fix for the hickup I've seen from Novell's side to the issue above is when encryption is turned on. Its not in our case, we only use the ZCM part too, so its really annoying that ZESM is causing the conflicts with SEP.

To repliace the issue, we start up Word or Excel, maybe an Internet Explorer 8 session too, but word is enough. Let it stay for a while, it can take anything from 5 minutes to 13 hours to lockup the entire computer (the HDD led is flashing even after lock, mouse can be used etc, rest is stuck). Only fix is a hard reset. We have been unable to record anything in the logs of ZCM regarding this issue with full debugging.

SP1 wont fix all our issues at the moment either, maybe SP2 will POSSIBLY fix it, but a few months too late for a full scale deployment over the summer...

Hi,

I have an SR opened on this matter. Maybe I can help.

My problems are not solved but we were able to make some improvements.

If interested send me a message

--

Marc
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

spond;2111428 wrote:
Johnehurst,

I'd like to understand what the unreliability refers to, so I can try
to make the instructions better - I know that using the Windows
scheduling service isn't ideal (far from it) but at the moment it's the
best we've got - and before you say anything 🙂 yes System Update would
be better, and it's something we'd love to do, but at the moment the
amount of extra work that would entail would push the release dates for
things like 11.1 (and we all want the latest databases supported) back
too far.

We hope to have an agent update 2 out shortly (probably the week after
next) and that should have a ZESM update which has proved good in
testing.

--

Shaun Pond

Hello Shaun,

sorry for the delay. I haven't been watching this post.

The types of issues I've had w/ the install is it will (maybe 1 out of every 4) break the whole zcm workstation install. What I will see is the properties will never show any information after install. I have to uninstall then reinstall.

I did see today an email from you about another update. I work on this a bit later today and perhaps thursday as well. I will be looking into the new update.

I've also noticed that it seems to aggravate minor fringe issues we've had w/ secure login. I have secure login version 6.x and 7.x installed. I've seen blue screens, lock ups and it seems users have reported getting .net errors. I'm not sure about that last part because i'm not in at the job site yet. When I say minor issues of secure login, I mean we've been having problems w/ it anyway, certainly with 64 bit Win 7, but also on some existing XP machines that got a secure login update. Adding the new ZCM adaptive agent (the 10.x version worked perfectly) is up'ing the problem game w/ secure login in the test group that is getting the 11.x client.

-john
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Johnehurst,

ah, OK, so you are referring to the agent, not the update itself -
that's a different matter 🙂

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.