Highlighted
Kelvarr Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ZCM 11 Virtual Appliance Lic. Product Key/Activation Code

I just set up a new VM using the ZCM 11 Virtual Appliance. I currently have it running as an evaluation copy. I have licensing for the product, and I have an Activation Code in my Customer Center Home on Novell.com.

Here is my question: Is there any way to use/input this code in the Virtual Appliance to have it contact Novell to get a Product Key? I know I can use the Activation Code to get a Product Key in my Customer Center Home on Novell.com, but it warns the following:

"Registering an activation code on this page will enable you to receive many of the benefits of your purchase, but potentially not all of them. The ability for a machine to receive automatic updates can only be granted by using the registration mechanism on that machine, such as the Novell Customer Center YaST module."

Also, I did find this: NOVELL: Registering and Updating SUSE Linux Enterprise 10

Which tells how to update SLES10. I don't even have a Software Option in my YaST.

Any help? Should I just get the Product Key from my Customer Center on Novell.com? Or is there a way to do this via the Appliance?
Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ZCM 11 Virtual Appliance Lic. Product Key/Activation Code

Kelvarr,

you do not need to register the SLES in the appliance. The appliance is
used for a limited function (just ZCM) so does not need all of the
updates that a general-purpose server would. If there are any SLES
updates that are necessary for the safe running of your server, they
will be supplied as part of a System Update.

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
Kelvarr Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ZCM 11 Virtual Appliance Lic. Product Key/Activation Co

Thanks for the info. So, just so I can be clear, I should be able to use the Activation Code in the Novell.com Customer Center to create my Product Key, yes? I know I still need the Product Key so I can take the appliance off of evaluation mode.
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ZCM 11 Virtual Appliance Lic. Product Key/Activation Code

Kelvarr,

your ZCM 11 Key from NCC? Yes

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
krogers1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ZCM 11 Virtual Appliance Lic. Product Key/Activation Co

Kelvarr... where did you get your ZCM 11 Virtual Appliance? download.novell.com has "Appliance Images will be re-posted soon" listed under the ZCM downloads.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.