Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
mcurrie Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

ZCM 2017 U3 Sept Driver Update

Hi, RunningZCM 2017.3, and have just applied the ZCM 2018 U3 Sept 8 driver update to try and resolve some HP Prodesk Mini imaging issues (have an SR opened for it).

So did the update....and..

Get an error when booting PXE.
Sequence:
1. Select UEFI IPV4 Boot
2. Hold down shift and Enter to get to the Zenworks Preboot Services Menu
3. Start Zenwork Imaging Maintenance
4. Comes up with Loading Grub then ‘LoadImage Error Status: Not Found’
5. Returns to 1.
I have checked the share/tftp/efi/x86_64 and all the file seem to be there with the correct dates.

The only issue I found was that the initial boot in the proxydhcp.conf was set to load X64NBP= efi/x86_64/nvlnbpx64.efi, but the file in the directory is X64NBP= efi/x86_64/nvlpxex64.efi. They were both there, so I just changed them rem statement. See the below from novell-proxydhcp.conf as it is currently.

#X64NBP is the name of the boot file this service will suggest for all x86_64 UEFI computers.
#X64NBP= efi/x86_64/nvlnbpx64.efi
X64NBP= efi/x86_64/nvlpxex64.efi

Last entry in the TFTP log.
[DEBUG] [10/11/2018 15:21:06.000] [2776] [zmgtool] [5268] [] [zmgtool] [] [Using port 64468 for client 192.168.0.102] [] [] [] [Imaging]
[DEBUG] [10/11/2018 15:21:06.000] [2776] [zmgtool] [6736] [] [zmgtool] [] [Read request from 192.168.0.102:1827 for efi\x86_64\bootx64.efi] [] [] [] [Imaging]
[DEBUG] [10/11/2018 15:21:06.000] [2776] [zmgtool] [6736] [] [zmgtool] [] [File sent to 192.168.0.102:1827 --> efi\x86_64\bootx64.efi] [] [] [] [Imaging]
[DEBUG] [10/11/2018 15:21:06.000] [2776] [zmgtool] [6736] [] [zmgtool] [] [Closing port 64468 used by client 192.168.0.102] [] [] [] [Imaging]

I’m guessing it a configuration thing but not sure where.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. This has been sent on the SR as well, but the time differences don't help (I'm in Australia), so hoping someone here might have a quick fix for me...

Thanks,
Mark Currie
Labels (1)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: ZCM 2017 U3 Sept Driver Update

I believe we were talking about your SR Today.....

You Engineer will likely relay this...
But supposedly a "Test Boot CD" worked that was based on a newer version of Linux than what is in the Sept Imaging Update...
Need to verify if a BootCD from the Sept Imaging Update works....

This would help determine if you have a Config Error on your Imaging Server or if it is more a Linux Issue...
(VERY Rare to be a Linux issue when boot CD works but not PXE...have seen it...but extraordinarily rare...)

It may be fixed in the next update...which may be November or December....

As a Reminder...
WinPE now fully supports all the native ZCM Imaging commands and ZMG file types..etc...
It's an over simplification...but you can basically just swap to using Windows to Bootstrap the same exact process you are doing for Linux.
WinPE tends to have support for new hardware faster than Linux....so it helps minimize these types of issues.

That being said....hardware issues with WinPE still exist ...but to a lesser degree.........
--
Please give a hearty thumbs up to any post you find helpful!
To find articles by Craig Wilson simply follow the link: Craig Wilson's Tips!
0 Likes
ictssoe Contributor.
Contributor.

Hi Craig,

According to Mark there is a ZCM 2018 U3 Sept 8 driver update available but I can not find it in the downloads. The only one I can find is the August driver update but as far as I know that shouldn't be applied to 2017 Update 3a (which I am running).

Am I missing something?

Regards,

David
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

ictssoe;2493480 wrote:
Hi Craig,

According to Mark there is a ZCM 2018 U3 Sept 8 driver update available but I can not find it in the downloads. The only one I can find is the August driver update but as far as I know that shouldn't be applied to 2017 Update 3a (which I am running).

Am I missing something?

Regards,

David

Looking for this one: https://download.microfocus.com/Download?buildid=WWYNYOvzzqQ~ ?

Thomas
0 Likes
ictssoe Contributor.
Contributor.

Hi Thomas,

Yes, that is the one. Strangely enough it doesn't show up when I go to the software download page for zenworks 2017 and click on the patches link.

Thanks for the link.

Regards,

David
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Make sure you are looking under ZENworks 2017 Update 3....It is there....
But not just under ZENworks 2017 (Update 0).
Probably SHOULD be there too, but customers really should be patching beyond Update 0, so I would be more concerned about a customer being on Update 0 (Does not apply to you.).
--
Please give a hearty thumbs up to any post you find helpful!
To find articles by Craig Wilson simply follow the link: Craig Wilson's Tips!
0 Likes
ictssoe Contributor.
Contributor.

Hi Craig,

Thanks for the information. I finally figured out there are three places for finding updates. The one on the old Novell site (which hasn't got anything for Zenworks 2017), the Patches button on the Entitled Software website (which doesn't give me the September driver update but it does have all the others) and the Patch finder in Service & Support, Download, Patches where I can indeed choose Zenworks 2017 Update 3 and get the September driver update.

Thanks again to all that replied.

Regards,

David
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.