Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ZCM Agent 11.2.3 for Mac and OSX 10.8

Is this suppose to work?? I have the latest ZCM managed Mac agent installed and running correctly on OSX 10.6, but my attempt to duplicate that success with 10.8 is a NO GO. I can never get the MAC Computer to show a list of Closest Servers, therefore no Inventory. The computer shows registered and does appear in ZCC. I also can not Remote Control the computer, it allows the connection (using Password) but never shows a desktop, just a plain gray screen. Any help is welcome!
Labels (2)
0 Likes
9 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Pwolff2000,

working fine for me on 10.8.3 - what do you see in the ZENworks log on
the mac? Could it be a firewall problem?

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Shaun,

Sorry for the dumb question...... Not real great with the Mac's. Where do I look for the log files and do I need to enable any sort of debug??
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Pwolff2000,

the ZENworks icon - choose that and properties. Then you can go to
logging, just like you would on a Windows box... and yes, debug is best

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

On 04/04/2013 18:46, pwolff2000 wrote:

> Is this suppose to work?? I have the latest ZCM managed Mac agent
> installed and running correctly on OSX 10.6, but my attempt to duplicate
> that success with 10.8 is a NO GO. I can never get the MAC Computer to
> show a list of Closest Servers, therefore no Inventory. The computer
> shows registered and does appear in ZCC. I also can not Remote Control
> the computer, it allows the connection (using Password) but never shows
> a desktop, just a plain gray screen. Any help is welcome!

I note subject includes "11.2.3" - presumably you're aware that was
pulled and we're awaiting 11.2.3a?

I'm also guessing that by "10.8" you don't mean 10.8.0 so which version
of 10.8 are you testing? 10.8.x

Are you hosting ZENworks on Windows Server or Linux? I don't think it
matters but I can test against ZENworks on Linux.

HTH.
--
Simon
Novell Knowledge Partner
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yes I am aware that 11.2.3 was pulled ( We were one of the "lucky" ones with BSOD 400+ laptops affected ). The Mac version 10.8.2. Windows Server 2008 for ZCM. On the Agent Status Screen, the Configuration Location : ~UNKNOWN~ . As for the remote control problem, I get attached and I'm offered a login prompt. I login with a local user (root) and the prompt does this little spin for a second then stops and this is as far as I get, gray screen with login prompt info and no video updates. I will try to get some debug log info early next week.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

As for the last part (grey screen), i have seen this even with a normal vnc (via real vnc client). What got me out of it was loggin off all the users on the mac ( probably a reboot) and then loggin in a single user and doing a remote control operation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

hello,

Quite similare issue. No server list is shown. The MAC is regsitered into the zone but nothing can be done.

MAC OS 10.8.4, French.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

We have the same problem...
Cheers, Mads

micgra;2273034 wrote:
hello,

Quite similare issue. No server list is shown. The MAC is regsitered into the zone but nothing can be done.

MAC OS 10.8.4, French.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Just to update anyone on this problem......

In ZCM you have Configuration | Locations | Unknown and if you click on Unknown, choose the Servers tab, make sure you have no servers listed and "uncheck" the box labeled "Exclude the Closest Server Default Rule". Then refresh and/or retrust and/or unregister then re-register the computer in question. This fixed the problem for us. We still have one other issue that (I think) caused this whole problem. The reason the Mac's show up in the location "Unknown" is we have certain rules for locations (Client IP, Gateway Address, DNS Servers, etc.) and the Mac's don't parse certain info correctly causing the location info to fail, placing the computer in the "Unknown" location. This is currently being looked into and hopefully fixed shortly. This is also causing my OES11 server to report location "Unknown".

I hope this information helps!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.