Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
tech-man83 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ZCM Client Install Win 7 x64 - Fails vc90 redist

I've just received a brand new test Lenovo T430s from our supplier and am noting an issue with the agent install. An agent install that is working on all our other models.

It appears that it is returning fales for 64bit machine: paCustomAction.log

Before call to MigrateZenworksRegData
Migrating Zenworks Registry Data
Registry Migration Action: Move
Is64BitMachine called
Is64BitMachine returning FALSE
IsWowProcess called
IsWowProcess returning TRUE
Will migrate x64 and x86 registry keys
Old install path:
No local machine migration is necessary
Finished migrating Zenworks Registry data
After call to MigrateZenworksRegData
Is64BitMachine called
IsWowProcess called
RunRegAsm called
Parameters are: /codebase "C:\Program Files (x86)\Novell\ZENworks\bin\ZAVCom.dll"
Is64BitMachine called
IsWowProcess called
bIs64BitMachine is: FALSE
bIsWowProcess is: TRUE
runtimeDir is: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\
regasmPath is: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\regasm.exe
Manipulating runtime directory to run 64 bit version
runtimeDir is: c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework64\v2.0.50727\
regasmPath is: c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework64\v2.0.50727\regasm.exe
RunRegAsm returning
Not running on W2k - Removing ZenUserDaemon.exe from explorer's run key

And looking like it's trying to install an x86 client:

Error 1935. An error occurred during the installation of assembly 'Microsoft.VC90.ATL,version="9.0.21022.8",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",processorArchitecture="x86",type="win32"'. Please refer to Help and Support for more information. HRESULT: 0x80070BC9. assembly interface: IAssemblyCacheItem, function: Commit, component: {76C3F0F6-9B9D-35DA-81C6-CA8A88CC93CA}
=== Logging stopped: 15/10/2012 15:53:07 ===

Which is odd, because it's the x64 pre agent client and as stated above works on all the other models. Every machine shares the same image and zcm installation, just the driver package differs (using an addon image). Windows 7 x64 Sp1 is definitely installed.

Any ideas?
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: ZCM Client Install Win 7 x64 - Fails vc90 redist

tech-man83;2223936 wrote:
I've just received a brand new test Lenovo T430s from our supplier and am noting an issue with the agent install. An agent install that is working on all our other models.

It appears that it is returning fales for 64bit machine: paCustomAction.log

Before call to MigrateZenworksRegData
Migrating Zenworks Registry Data
Registry Migration Action: Move
Is64BitMachine called
IsWowProcess called
Will migrate x64 and x86 registry keys
Old install path:
No local machine migration is necessary
Finished migrating Zenworks Registry data
After call to MigrateZenworksRegData
Is64BitMachine called
IsWowProcess called
RunRegAsm called
Parameters are: /codebase "C:\Program Files (x86)\Novell\ZENworks\bin\ZAVCom.dll"
Is64BitMachine called
IsWowProcess called
bIs64BitMachine is: FALSE
bIsWowProcess is: TRUE
runtimeDir is: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\
regasmPath is: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\regasm.exe
Manipulating runtime directory to run 64 bit version
runtimeDir is: c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework64\v2.0.50727\
regasmPath is: c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework64\v2.0.50727\regasm.exe
RunRegAsm returning
Not running on W2k - Removing ZenUserDaemon.exe from explorer's run key

And looking like it's trying to install an x86 client:

Error 1935. An error occurred during the installation of assembly 'Microsoft.VC90.ATL,version="9.0.21022.8",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",processorArchitecture="x86",type="win32"'. Please refer to Help and Support for more information. HRESULT: 0x80070BC9. assembly interface: IAssemblyCacheItem, function: Commit, component: {76C3F0F6-9B9D-35DA-81C6-CA8A88CC93CA}
=== Logging stopped: 15/10/2012 15:53:07 ===

Which is odd, because it's the x64 pre agent client and as stated above works on all the other models. Every machine shares the same image and zcm installation, just the driver package differs (using an addon image). Windows 7 x64 Sp1 is definitely installed.

Any ideas?

I don't think this is a ZENworks issue... Try googling HRESULT: 0x80070BC9, it might be anti-vir/malware, windows update that are interfering... And some suggest to reinstall dotNET..

Thomas
0 Likes
Absent Member.

I don't think this is a ZENworks issue... Try googling HRESULT: 0x80070BC9, it might be anti-vir/malware, windows update that are interfering... And some suggest to reinstall dotNET..

You are probably right. It's a fresh image, via our usual install process. I already had a hunch that the Hotfix I am applying for this model is interferring, so I've already commented it out and and set it to image before I left work. I'll find out in the morning and post back.

The T430s has been one of those models so far, taken a while to get the drivers right and get rid of some BSODs on sleep. This is the last issue to get rid of! (and one that wasn't occuring prior to the hotfix)
0 Likes
Absent Member.

My hunch before leaving work was correct. Due to time differences I generally throw up a quick thread when I leave work just in case someone else had the same issue!

In Summary: Don't install any updates prior to installing the ZCM client.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.