Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
adrockk Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

ZCM Server Last Full Refresh not updating

Hi All,

I have 2 primaries, both appliances. Was running zcm 17.1, just upgraded to 17.4 on servers. One of the servers finished, but the object in ZCC still shows 17.1 on the server.
It's "Last Full Refresh" time shows Oct 24, 2018. I've cleared the cache on the agent on the server, and forced a refresh w/ bypasscache, but it still doesn't update.
Checking the command line on the server, "zac ci" shows " No certificates found in the cache.", but from initial-web-service file, it shows an old expired cert - nothing current or valid. the other primary shows certs for not only my 2 appliances, but also 2 of my old regular SuSE servers that have been retired.

So, I'm guessing my agent on my server isn't refreshing correctly because of the cert problem. Can I correct this? Can I unregister and re-register the agent on the server like I could a workstation?

Thanks,
Adam

Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: ZCM Server Last Full Refresh not updating

Do NOT unregister and re-register the agent....

"zac retr" may work....
--
Please give a hearty thumbs up to any post you find helpful!
To find articles by Craig Wilson simply follow the link: Craig Wilson's Tips!
0 Likes
adrockk Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

CRAIGDWILSON;2497227 wrote:
Do NOT unregister and re-register the agent....

"zac retr" may work....

Thanks Craig.
'zac retr' updated the certificate listed by zac ci, and zcc now shows the correct version (and subsequently stopped the "this zone is upgrading" popup when I logged in).
However, the Last Full Refresh still says Oct 2018, despite a forced 'zac ref bypasscache'.
Everything seems like it's still working fine, though, so I'm not sure how much of this is just cosmetic...

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Perhaps the restarting the ZENworks Agent Service may help.....
--
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

copying the /etc/opt/novell/zenworks/initial-web-service file from the good to bad server may help along with a restart of the agent service....
--
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.