sjdimare1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ZCM can not connect to user source - LDAP to eDir

Hello all,

We had some issues with our ZCM 10.3.1.0 server this AM. It looks like it was caused by no space on our /var/opt partition.

I had logged in and manually deleted a large old image file. I then restarted the ZCM server. Everything powers on and works as it should except, my user source can not be contacted.

When I try to login with one of my Admin users, we get the following error:

"An error occurred while connecting to the user source. Please make sure the user source is accessible and try again."

If I login as the Administrator of the Zone, I can see that the connection source is not connecting - unable to read contexts. The weird part is that I can connect through LDAP from other tools to the same source on port 636 - JXplorer works just fine.

We are running ZCM on the same server as its database and I can use the LDAP browser built in to SLES 11 x64 and the same LDAP credentials work just fine.

What else can I be looking at?

I am really new to Linux so any help is appreciated.

Steve D.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: ZCM can not connect to user source - LDAP to eDir

sjdimare;2099697 wrote:
Hello all,

We had some issues with our ZCM 10.3.1.0 server this AM. It looks like it was caused by no space on our /var/opt partition.

I had logged in and manually deleted a large old image file. I then restarted the ZCM server. Everything powers on and works as it should except, my user source can not be contacted.

When I try to login with one of my Admin users, we get the following error:

"An error occurred while connecting to the user source. Please make sure the user source is accessible and try again."

If I login as the Administrator of the Zone, I can see that the connection source is not connecting - unable to read contexts. The weird part is that I can connect through LDAP from other tools to the same source on port 636 - JXplorer works just fine.

We are running ZCM on the same server as its database and I can use the LDAP browser built in to SLES 11 x64 and the same LDAP credentials work just fine.

What else can I be looking at?

I am really new to Linux so any help is appreciated.

Steve D.

Try removing the user source connection in ZCC and re add it.

Thomas
0 Likes
sjdimare1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

What if I can not remove the user source connection? When I check the box, the remove option is not available.

Do I need to remove the entire user group and rebuild it? Will that mess up all of the relationships?

I have a ZDC error log if that helps.
0 Likes
sjdimare1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Apparently, it requires 4 restarts to resolve the issue. There were errors in the ZDC log.

Our VM that was running SLES 11 and ZCM was hard locked and I had to pull the virtual plug on the server. Waited about 2 minutes and then powered on the VM again and now all is working as it should.

Strangeness but thanks for the input.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

sjdimare;2099738 wrote:
Apparently, it requires 4 restarts to resolve the issue. There were errors in the ZDC log.

Our VM that was running SLES 11 and ZCM was hard locked and I had to pull the virtual plug on the server. Waited about 2 minutes and then powered on the VM again and now all is working as it should.

Strangeness but thanks for the input.

Very strange indeed.. Happy you got it working.

Thomas
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.