Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
elphantasmo Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ZCM10 System Update 10.3.3 and PRU Download Stalled?

I started downloading the 10.3.3 and PRU update, and they've been "downloading" for several hours now. Are the files that large? Is this normal? We had a 3rd party do the initial install and setup, so this is my first time with system updates. It's just one SLES 11 as the primary server and 2 Win XP Pro SP3 satellite servers. My PC is also Windows XP.

Also, there was a problem where the server wasn't caching content. The "queue" or some such was "jammed" and consequently backed up. We had an expert come out and fix it and a few other things; a DNS issue, remote management rights/UTC time sync error and something on a Netware 6.5 server. He was here the day the 10.3.3 patch came out, so we weren't aware of the update for him to do while he was here.

Thanks
Labels (2)
0 Likes
8 Replies
Absent Member.

Re: ZCM10 System Update 10.3.3 and PRU Download Stalled?

P.S.
I wasn't sure where to post this. Sorry if it's in the wrong place.
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Last thing... we are currently on ZCM 10.3.1. 10.3.0a was successfully deployed in February.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Elphantasmo,
> I wasn't sure where to post this.
>

Me neither. I would have chosen server-install.

- Anders Gustafsson (Sysop)
The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell has a new enhancement request system,
or what is now known as the requirement portal.
If customers would like to give input in the upcoming
releases of Novell products then they should go to
http://www.novell.com/rms

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Elphantasmo,
> I started downloading the 10.3.3 and PRU update, and they've been
> "downloading" for several hours now. Are the files that large?

Close to a GB IIRC. The download took approx 2 hours for me.

- Anders Gustafsson (Sysop)
The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell has a new enhancement request system,
or what is now known as the requirement portal.
If customers would like to give input in the upcoming
releases of Novell products then they should go to
http://www.novell.com/rms

0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Elphantasmo,

if you're still having problems, you could consider cancelling the
download and getting the manual zip file (TID 3486285 "Updates to
ZENworks 10 Configuration Management" has links to all the relevant
updates, in this case TID 7007641 - ZENworks 10 Configuration
Management SP3 (10.3.3) - update information and list of fixes

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
Absent Member.

First, some one who can, please move this to the server forum.

Second, 10.3.3. is still "downloading," 2 days now. We have a 20Mb burst to 1Gb connection from our ISP. I can't cancel the update, the option is greyed out, but I can "delete" it. When I "check for updates," 10.3.3 reappears and status is "downloading." The new April PRU is out; we'll see how that goes.

While I'm certainly a linux novice I'm very comfortable and capable of following instructions and I know when I'm in over my head. What path are the updates stored in? Should I delete them manually? If I download and install the 10.3.3 patch manually, am I likely to fowl something up while ZCM is attempting to "download the patch?"
0 Likes
Absent Member.

I downloaded the 10.3.3 patch and got it on the server. Yes, I left it zipped. As it turns out, our technician account doesn't have rights to run the update. My boss's, the net admin, account can't do it either. We think the Novell guy didn't trust us with those privileges, because we are admittedly linux weak, and since we didn't ask he didn't offer, or my boss won't admit he misplaced the account info. Now we need to contact him and get the root password and another account with privileges to run zman and updates.
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Elphantasmo,

😞

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.