Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
robwiec Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ZCM11 SP1 install and upgrade failures

We're in the process of attempting to upgrade several (close to 60) servers to ZCM 11 SP1. We're experiencing a high percentage of failures on installing the upgrade. All servers are running SLES 10 sp3, OES 2 SP3. I can't find any patterns to which servers succeed on the update and which ones will fail. The install will finish with no signs of any problems until the end when its finished with errors. After looking through the system-update.log its reporting several errors accessing
novell-zenworks-configure with the exit code of 255

After the install I seem to be having problems with imaging and accessing the ZCM from that server. Rerunning the install gives the same results.

Searching the forums didn't lead me anywhere. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated

example :
INSTALLING;INSTALLING_PERCENTAGE;92;null
DEBUG;;;Attempting to resolve variable: ZENWORKS_BIN
DEBUG;;;Starting process: /opt/novell/zenworks/bin/novell-zenworks-configure Options: -c@UpdateZDMFileConfigureAction@WAIT_FOR_EXIT:CHECK_EXIT_CODE
DEBUG;;;The exit code of the process is 255
ERROR;ERROR_STARTING_PROCESS;/opt/novell/zenworks/bin/novell-zenworks-configure,The exit code of the process did not match with success codes.;null
DEBUG;;;An error occured during command execution...details should have already been logged
INSTALLING;INSTALLING_PERCENTAGE;93;null
DEBUG;;;Starting process: /opt/novell/zenworks/bin/novell-zenworks-configure Options: -c@CleanupCSR@-c@UnknownLocation@WAIT_FOR_EXIT:CHECK_EXIT_CODE
DEBUG;;;The exit code of the process is 255
ERROR;ERROR_STARTING_PROCESS;/opt/novell/zenworks/bin/novell-zenworks-configure,The exit code of the process did not match with success codes.;null
DEBUG;;;An error occured during command execution...details should have already been logged

Also when trying to run the command novell-zenworks-configure -c Start the following is returned:

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at com.novell.zenworks.configure.ConfigureLoader.main(ConfigureLoader.java:73)
Caused by: java.lang.VerifyError: (class: com/novell/zenworks/configure/util/ConfigureUtils, method: addRollbackAction signature: (Lcom/novell/zenworks/configure/util/RollbackAction;)V) Incompatible argument to function
at com.novell.zenworks.configure.actions.StartConfigureAction.<clinit>(StartConfigureAction.java:88)
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:247)
at com.novell.zenworks.configure.ZENworksConfigure.newInstanceOf(ZENworksConfigure.java:1254)
at com.novell.zenworks.configure.ZENworksConfigure.getActions(ZENworksConfigure.java:1183)
at com.novell.zenworks.configure.ZENworksConfigure.main(ZENworksConfigure.java:1302)
... 5 more
Labels (2)
0 Likes
10 Replies
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ZCM11 SP1 install and upgrade failures

Robwiec,

I am in the process of writing a TID and publishing a fix for this
right now...

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Robwiec,

see TID 7009409 Upgrade to ZCM 11.0 or 11.1 fails for zones using MSSQL database
info and a link to the fix

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
nop19832 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

You got a link for this TID?
Thanks

-- Niels I have always liked... Cowabunga! If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking on the star below. A member must be logged in before s/he can assign reputation points.
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Nop1983,

TIDs are all at http://www.novell.com/support

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

http://www.novell.com/support/documentLink.do?externalID=7009409

On 9/22/2011 8:16 AM, nop1983 wrote:
>
> You got a link for this TID?
> Thanks
>
>

0 Likes
nop19832 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks, both 😉

-- Niels I have always liked... Cowabunga! If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking on the star below. A member must be logged in before s/he can assign reputation points.
0 Likes
nop19832 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

robwiec;2139042 wrote:
We're in the process of attempting to upgrade several (close to 60) servers to ZCM 11 SP1.

Just a little question 🙂 :
How many clients do these 60 servers hold?

Regards.

0 Likes
floort Absent Member.
Absent Member.

haha, that must be the hole country 🙂 😐

nop1983;2140148 wrote:

Regards.
0 Likes
nop19832 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Well I hope it is a very large setup. I only have 5 for 3000 clients, maby that is not enough? 🙂

0 Likes
robwiec Absent Member.
Absent Member.

nop1983;2140148 wrote:

Regards.

Actually, I realized after posting this that the server should not be getting installed as Primaries and should be Satellite servers instead. I believe this is why I was getting the errors. I'm in the process of undoing the Primary installs on the servers and setting them up as satellites. This is the punishment we get for skipping Zenworks 10 and jumping from 7 to 11. All seems to be working much better with the field satellite server setup.

Thanks all who helped and good eye on the (now) clearly excessive number of primary servers.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.