Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

ZDC for ZCM2017

Hi
Looking to run ZDC on my new ZCM2017 server. Tried the "zcm_pre_17.0.0.zdc" data file that comes with the ZCM2017 iso but that just gives the "libdbjdbc12.so" error. Tried "sudo zipper install execstack -c libdbjdbc12.so" but that failed.

Is there a "zcm_17.0.0.zdc" data file?

Cheers
Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Normally from what I have been told, you should be able to find and download the ZDC from the customer care center. That's where I would recommend looking.
0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class

Yes but can't find it anywhere. This is where I'm looking....

http://download.novell.com/index.jsp?product_id=&search=Search&bu=novell&families=&date_range=&date_start=04+May+2017&date_end=04+May+2017&keywords=zdc&sort_by=&results_per_page=

But even ZCM version 2017 isn't mentioned. Takes a bit of ferreting just to find ZCM 2017 and the PRU's. Not sure why they would call the data file in the iso "zcm_pre_17.0.0.zdc".
Server seems to be running OK so I guess I'll just keep my eye open. Thanks anyway.
Cheers
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi

Had the same issue yesterday but found it by going here - https://download.novell.com/Download?buildid=Ux2571NfNpM~

ZENworksDiagnosticCenter.zip 18.0 MB (18879215)

Hope that helps

Cheers

Spencer
0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class

Hi
I'm sure I've looked there before but.... Yes the "baseline_17.0.0.zdc" data file has a much better ring to it. Thanks for that.

And as an extra for others to comment. My results ....

From System files (missing)
Heaps of mono stuff as per usual and
/opt/novell/zenworks/install/downloads/rpm/jpackage-utils-1.6.3-18.4.x86_64.rpm
and
/opt/novell/zenworks/install/downloads/exe/ZenRegMgr32.exe

From ZENcontent
I think nearly every file on the server listed as ...

ERROR Content GUID: fbbbc748494d27a5d63b2f548d580e7b
Content Type: external
Content file: /var/opt/novell/zenworks/content-repo/system-update/5011030000fc50000000002014021123/msi/novell-zenworks-windows-desktop-langs-client-11.3.0.34994.x86_64.msi
ERROR Content GUID: bc4357a8bd95eefde2e3a79599e2848c
Content Type: external
Content file: /var/opt/novell/zenworks/content-repo/system-update/5011040000fc50000000002015073012/SUSE/AgentInstallConfig_x64.xml
etc...etc...etc

and then at the bottom...
All content files are in consistent state. ???? Is this "ERROR" message an error?

From ZEN DATABASE report

Missing Table 'zStageFolder'
Detail:
Name: zStageFolder
Columns:
Name: ZUID, Size: 16, Type: BINARY, Nullable: false
Triggers:
Indexes:

From Audit Database
No errors

The server seems to be running OK with a few messages in the logs but I don't think any are of concern.

It would be nice for a bit more work to be done on ZDC. With some info on what to do with some errors. Like "Ignore mono errors if ----- because------". And "If ----.rpm is missing, run command -----".

Cheers
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.