Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ZENworks 11.2.3

All 3 Primaries updated successfull, no hiccups on the last 2 when Using RDP instead of vSphere Client

I got 2 File Verifier Errors via ZDC on all 3 Primaries:
File 'D:\Novell\ZENworks\share\tomcat\conf\Catalina\localhost\zenworks-yumrepo.xml' is inconsistent!!!
Size: expected = 166, actual = 146
Checksum: expected = 397b3867, actual = 270131ca

File 'D:\Novell\ZENworks\share\tomcat\conf\Catalina\localhost\zenworks-agent-addon.xml' is inconsistent!!!
Size: expected = 198, actual = 178
Checksum: expected = 4d5d44ce, actual = 69d43e31

Database and Content are fine.

Test Clients: Windows 7 Ent (32bit)
Upgrade from 10.3.4 --> 11.2.3 worked great on two of four devices

It failed on the other two "Update completed with errors" --- For some reason the ZCM10 Agent was still running even though the ZCM11 Update started (might be related to ZPM. A patch balloon message popped up after the Update started)
After redeploying the update (clear error and retry) both Agents were updated just fine.

Basic stuff like bundles, registration, user login, zcc tasks, etc. seems to work without problems

One of my custom reporting server reports returns an empty query. all used objects are still available in the universe --> when removing the "CPU Count" Object the report is loaded as desired

I just assigned a few Patches, when running "zac ps" on the devices, it states "COULD_NOT_LAUNCH_ANALYZE"
I still had an old 10.3.4 Fix-Bundle active "ZCM_10.3.4_Patch_Management_Agent_Update_3", which messed up the %zenworks_home%\ZPM files.

Iam reverting my test-devices back to 10.3.4 state right now and I'll try the update process again

Once upon a time there was a guy named Ömse...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Is there a Novell Client version requirement for those of us who use both the Novell Client and Zenworks Client together?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Clintmac,

nothing new for this release, just what's shown in the docs for 11.2 - http://www.novell.com/documentation/zenworks11/zen11_installation/data/brm022x.html

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

thanks for your work!

Since updated to 11.2.3 we have the following problem: When exporting a Report and selecting "*(all)" we don't get the whole report, only the currently displayed results are exported (doesn't matter wether we select pdf, excel or csv). Is this a known error ? Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Regards,

sholder
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Sholder0203,

any specific report? Presumably you mean standard report rather than
ZRS?

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

yes standard reporting without ZRS.

The error occurs for the reports listed under "Inventory Custom Reports". Doesn't matter wether they are pre-defined or user defined. The reports under "Inventory Standard Reports" work fine.

Regards,

sholder0203
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Sholder0203,

yes, I see that, I'm going to raise a bug for it. Are you able to open
Service Request for this?

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Sholder0203,

TID 7011968 published for this: if you can open a Service Request, tell
them I say this is your issue and it's bug 809921

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Shaun Pond wrote:

> Sholder0203,
>
> TID 7011968 published for this: if you can open a Service Request,
> tell them I say this is your issue and it's bug 809921

Do you want all with this issue to create a SR?

--
Niels

-- Niels I have always liked... Cowabunga! If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking on the star below. A member must be logged in before s/he can assign reputation points.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Niels,

it won't hurt - helps to set the right priority. Engineering have taken
a first look at the bug and they think it was introduced as part of a
fix for another big customer... but there's no reason why we can't get
this prioritised to be in 11.2.3 MU1, especially as it will be a
server-side fix

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Shaun Pond wrote:

> Niels,
>
> it won't hurt - helps to set the right priority. Engineering have
> taken a first look at the bug and they think it was introduced as
> part of a fix for another big customer... but there's no reason why
> we can't get this prioritised to be in 11.2.3 MU1, especially as it
> will be a server-side fix

Okay - I'll get a SR created.

--
Niels

-- Niels I have always liked... Cowabunga! If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking on the star below. A member must be logged in before s/he can assign reputation points.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

SR #10821067501
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.