NOTICE: Significant community changes coming soon
The header menu and the home page on our community will be changing soon. Get more information HERE.
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

ZENworks 2017 Update 4 - Tuxera Errors

Jump to solution

Hi everyone! We've updated our 2017U4 install with the latest driver package from Aug2019. When we get to the part where the image should kick off we're getting this error:

"The Tuxera NTFS Kernel Module is Not Available! An Unexpected Error Has Occured!"

I've downloaded and re-uploaded the tntfs.zip file via ZCC several times. I've also manually extracted the files to the appropriate location in the TFTP folder. I've also made sure that our HighPerfDriver.conf file points to the file locations. 

Any ideas on fixing this or what to check out next?

Thanks! 😃

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

FYI - The June 2020 Imaging Driver updates were released a couple days ago, so you may as well install those prior to troubleshooting.  Not related to your root issue, but may help anyway if something went amiss in the prior update.

When going to download the NTFS Driver from the ZCC, you will see the URL to the ZIP contains the Kernel Version that matches the NTFS Driver.  The zip has to match exactly the Kernel Version or it will not load.  There is little about the actual zip itself after it is downloaded to be able to tell which one it is.

From the Bash Prompt, you may also want to verify the Kernel Version is as expected.

When applying the NTFS Driver, you will need to hit "OK" after selecting the ZIP as well as at the bottom of the page before it will upload.  It may take  10-15 minutes before it is actually ready.

Also if you are using imaging satellites, there could be other issues where it is not replicating out correctly.

--
Please give a hearty thumbs up to any post you find helpful!
To find articles by Craig Wilson simply follow the link: Craig Wilson's Tips!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

FYI - The June 2020 Imaging Driver updates were released a couple days ago, so you may as well install those prior to troubleshooting.  Not related to your root issue, but may help anyway if something went amiss in the prior update.

When going to download the NTFS Driver from the ZCC, you will see the URL to the ZIP contains the Kernel Version that matches the NTFS Driver.  The zip has to match exactly the Kernel Version or it will not load.  There is little about the actual zip itself after it is downloaded to be able to tell which one it is.

From the Bash Prompt, you may also want to verify the Kernel Version is as expected.

When applying the NTFS Driver, you will need to hit "OK" after selecting the ZIP as well as at the bottom of the page before it will upload.  It may take  10-15 minutes before it is actually ready.

Also if you are using imaging satellites, there could be other issues where it is not replicating out correctly.

--

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Thanks, Craig! Got a link for the June 2020 Driver update? I'm not finding it. Or were you referring to the PRU?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Found it! It's for 2020. Is it safe to apply it to 2017 U4? Looks very similar.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

There are 2 versions....

https://download.microfocus.com/Download?buildid=e_bFWhCqtJ8~  - For 17.x (Excluding 17.0)

https://download.microfocus.com/Download?buildid=XuAxW40aka0~ - For 20.x

--
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Thanks again! Will try this (we had one new model for the summer that wouldn't recognize the onboard NIC) and let you know how it goes. 🙂

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Thanks for your help, Craig! The new drivers fixed all of our issues. We are able to image our devices again. Many thanks! 😃

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

For anyone following looking for help.

I applied the June 2020 Imaging Driver Update and then downloaded the linked Tuxera module again and re-uploaded it to ZCM (hit OK). I also manually extracted the files to the proper location (as designated by my HighPerfDriver.conf file). I also went into maintenance mode and ran the command 'uname -r' to check the linux kernel version against the Tuxera driver link URL. 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.