Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ZESService causing Windows 7 to reboot

Floort,

"more simple than before" I think is the best way to put it...

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Waiting for the changelog 🙂

spond;2093485 wrote:
Floort,

"more simple than before" I think is the best way to put it...

--

Shaun Pond
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Shaun,
I have the same problem....

Does this patch will be available in the System Update of the Zone console? or just in Novell download?

thank you!
DM
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Dominicm,

it will be just in the download area - it's the first step towards
getting updates in SU, but it's going to take time

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I'm also fighting these same issues. In addition to the already mentioned,the zesservice will randomly tie up 50% CPU utilization, which sometimes cannot be stopped with a reboot, but only by manually killing the service.

I have a clean install, no trial. I do NOT have the options that have been mentioned to not install this service.
"Configuration |Device Mgmt | Zenworks Agent and uncheck ESM"

This service has been a nightmare on my network and management is ready to rip ZEN out completely. Hard to blame them when the product has caused more interruptions than anything else.

Opening a SR to get a hold of a "test" patch is also a red flag.

Time is running out for the existence of ZEN on this or any other network. It's a shame because it use to be a good product.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Getting frustrated now... I must be missing something.

I wrote scripts that remotely change the recover options to not "restart workstation".
They started going back to default. I them attempted to just set the service to "Disabled". It will not allow me to, it jumps right back to "Automatic".

I am a local administrator and have full control of all other services except zesserive
I need a way to disable or remove this service, preferably without touching every single PC.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I'm sharing the same opinion as jgaffney : there is a lot of frustration with zenworks 10 or 11, since zen 7 ....

Often, it seems that when there is a patch or an upgrade, something break up and many machine clients are compromised.... perhaps more testing should be considered??

Right now, we are in test phase, but whats happening When 5000 clients are in production?

DM
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

We're in the middle of a rollout, the CAP has been released, though I urge you to test it a great deal!!!! (See my new thread regarding it in the same forum)

For those of you that want it to test: ZCM 11.0 - Cumulative Agent Patch 1 - NOVELL: Downloads - ZCM 11.0 - Cumulative Agent Patch 1
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

hi!
I've installed the fix on one of the server, and deploy an update to the computer that haved the bug. The deploy update have taked about 2-3 secondes and it says that the patche is installed (is it normal?). How can I validate on the computer that de patche is correctly applied?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Look on the client at the Systray icon > Properties > Endpoint Security : version: must be 11.0.0.442
I think there will be more ways, but this is the zesm component that is also included in the patch

dominicm;2094570 wrote:
hi!
I've installed the fix on one of the server, and deploy an update to the computer that haved the bug. The deploy update have taked about 2-3 secondes and it says that the patche is installed (is it normal?). How can I validate on the computer that de patche is correctly applied?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

floort,
weird because when I go to the properties of the adaptative agent in systray, it shows only the following agents running:

Bundle Management 11.0.0.40588 En cours d'exécution
Image Management 11.0.0.38897 En cours d'exécution
Inventory Management 11.0.0.40407 En cours d'exécution
Policy Management 11.0.0.39203 En cours d'exécution
Remote Management 11.0.0.37147 En cours d'exécution
User Management 11.0.0.41084 En cours d'exécution

No Endpoint. But if I go directly on the services, i see ZESService and point to C:\Program Files (x86)\Novell\ZENworks\esm\ZESService.exe

when I go to this location in explorer, it shows version 11.0.0.427. so, seems that the service and file don't have been upgrade, or perhaps a reboot? also, another weird thing in this issues is that we have not buyed the Endpoint security, and our servers doesn't shows this service running.... why the bugged computer show this service running?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Endpoint security modules are installed by default. It's managing the location feature.
You are looking at the Status > Agent
Do you have also Endpoint Security in the left pane?
Normally it's Status , Policies, Bundles, Inventory , Remote management, Endpoint security, Logging, Windows Proxy.

My version numbers of the agent status =
Bundle Management 11.0.0.42794 Running
Endpoint Security Management 11.0.0.43804 Running
Image Management 11.0.0.38897 Running
Inventory Management 11.0.0.42794 Running
Patch Management 11.0.0.42794 Running
Policy Management 11.0.0.39203 Running
Remote Management 11.0.0.42794 Running
User Management 11.0.0.43720 Running

But it's correct you have the zesservice running on the client , as i explain before.

dominicm;2094580 wrote:
floort,
weird because when I go to the properties of the adaptative agent in systray, it shows only the following agents running:

Bundle Management 11.0.0.40588 En cours d'exécution
Image Management 11.0.0.38897 En cours d'exécution
Inventory Management 11.0.0.40407 En cours d'exécution
Policy Management 11.0.0.39203 En cours d'exécution
Remote Management 11.0.0.37147 En cours d'exécution
User Management 11.0.0.41084 En cours d'exécution

No Endpoint. But if I go directly on the services, i see ZESService and point to C:\Program Files (x86)\Novell\ZENworks\esm\ZESService.exe

when I go to this location in explorer, it shows version 11.0.0.427. so, seems that the service and file don't have been upgrade, or perhaps a reboot? also, another weird thing in this issues is that we have not buyed the Endpoint security, and our servers doesn't shows this service running.... why the bugged computer show this service running?
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.