Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ZESService causing Windows 7 to reboot

If you havent licensed Endpoint Security and dont eval it on the server side, you wont see it on the agent. Same thing for Asset Management and Patch Management.

Look at one of the others or check the version in %ZENWORKS_HOME%\esm\bin\zesservice.exe or similar 😉
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

perhaps in my case, I should desinstall completely my zen agent and after, reinstall it from the server. So the endpoint, even if it's not installed on server side, will be at correct version on workstation....
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Try this:
copy MSI's and the setup.exe to the same directory as the install.bat files, then try to run it again!

(Tip, create C:\temp or something so its not too deep into thedirectory structure; I had an issue when it was extracted inside my downloads folder under a loong series of folders)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Starting install.bat with all MSIs and setup.exe have upgraded the ZESService. But I will have to wait for some time to observe if my machine still randomly reboot.... the version have passed from 11.0.0.427 to 11.0.0.442

But, I wonder Novell will develop a better upgrade and saver procedure in the next futures releases of zcm and agents..... when we have 5000 machines that have a major problem, it's not great..... Zenworks must be more solid.

Now, my reflex is to wait for problems before I start upgrading our Zenworks infrastructure. I hope to regain more confidence in Novell for the product of Zenworks...

thank you, and I will repost a feedback later for my machine that was rebooting...
DM
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Shaun
I was wandering - did you see the problem also with XP workstations or only win7?
We see that this is happening also with XP machines and I wanted to know if the patch will also fix these?
Thanks!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Kerengil,

since I checked the TIDs, I can say that if it had been Windows 7 only,
then the TID would say that 🙂

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Shaun,

Any progress on this? Though I understand that there are workarounds by disabling these features, I don't think that we should have to. Besides, I think it's a pretty nifty feature and we would like to use it, as well as the location service. Any help would be tremendously appreciated.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jescob6832,

did you try the cumulative agent patch 1?

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

After applying the patch, the workstation ran smoothly until I shut it down. At that point, it was unable to shut down and sat at the "Shutting Down" dialog for several hours. Upon manually shutting it down, the workstation was never able to start up again. I don't know if this is a common problem as I have only tested on the single workstation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jescob6832,

Does TID 7008547 - "PC with ZCM 11 agent will not complete the shutdown
process" apply?

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but I'm having this issue with 500+ XP machines. I'm reluctant to waste another SR on ZCM.

Any time ZESService.exe wipes out or I just manually kill the process, the machine will reboot. I like the original poster said, I don't want endpoint security and I don't care about location services. I don't have it licensed and I don't remember ever saying I wanted it installed with the agent. Do I have any way of completely eliminating it? It seems to be serving us no purpose.

We have 11.0 with CAP2 installed.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ZCM 11 SP2 will let you control the behaviour of the ZESM module(ie, self protection) even if you havent activated the license.
Up until then, you can expect a reboot if you touch the ZESM services, even though if you havent activated it.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.