Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ZNEWS service

Gerwil,

I've raised a bug for this, let's see what happens...

--

Shaun Pond


0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ZNEWS service

Thanks Shaun.
0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Re: ZNEWS service

Me too 🙂

Cheers
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: ZNEWS service

spond;1941632 wrote:
Gerwil,

I've raised a bug for this, let's see what happens...

--

Shaun Pond


A wild guess... Is it because there are some extra "spaces" in front of file: 00026.xml @ https://nu.novell.com/znews/10.2/ ?

Thomas
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ZNEWS service

Thsundel,

note there are 2 files with similar names... I'm going to add this to
the bug, because if that's what's breaking this, we should make the
product robust enough to deal with it

--

Shaun Pond


0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: ZNEWS service

spond;1942498 wrote:
Thsundel,

note there are 2 files with similar names... I'm going to add this to
the bug, because if that's what's breaking this, we should make the
product robust enough to deal with it

--

Shaun Pond


I didn't notice that there was 2 with same name, need to go get me some glasses 🙂

Thomas
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ZNEWS service

Gerwil,

OK, that's been fixed, the rogue data has been removed. I still have a
bug open to get this fixed in the future, before we make the same
mistake again...

--

Shaun Pond


0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: ZNEWS service

spond;1942603 wrote:
Gerwil,

OK, that's been fixed, the rogue data has been removed. I still have a
bug open to get this fixed in the future, before we make the same
mistake again...

--

Shaun Pond


So I was on the right track then 🙂 ? Are there any ZCM tester/support jobs available? 🙂

Thomas
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: ZNEWS service

Thsundel,

I think this is interesting, because the problem is in 2 parts:
1) bad data, and
2) the system expected good data
I shall be making a point to everyone that systems that rely on humans
need a lot more robustness...

--

Shaun Pond


0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: ZNEWS service

spond;1942741 wrote:

I shall be making a point to everyone that systems that rely on humans
need a lot more robustness...

--

Shaun Pond


Very good point!

Thomas
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.