Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
rbaker_hsl Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Zenserver process dead after installing June 2011 PRU

ZCM 10.3.1 on SLES

We were trying to image a new model of computer, Lenovo M91p, and having problems getting PreBoot service to launch. Thought perhaps the latest PRU would fix it. So downloaded and deployed the June 2011 PRU, and rebooted the server. Server sent this message via email.
"Error: [6/2/11 2:26:29 PM] Loader.SettingsRefreshModule SettingsModule.SettingsUnknownError An internal error occurred while trying to refresh the system settings."
At console the zenserver process status is "dead". I issued a zenserver restart but still "dead".

What happened and how can I fix it?

I installed this box a year ago just to test out Zenworks Configuration Management and this is the first problem we've had.
Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Zenserver process dead after installing June 2011 PRU

Rbaker,

the PRU is only for inventory, it contains updated definitions for
software and hardware, it's not going to help with imaging, and should
not have caused this problem. A reboot is not required after deploying
the PRU, so I suggest that the problem was already present, just
waiting to happen when the server was restarted. Can I suggest that you
post this in the server-install forum, where you'll stand a better
chance of getting the help you need?

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.