Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
rtalada Absent Member.
Absent Member.
2126 views

Zenworks 10.3 expired user source cert.

User source cert to e-directory has expired and I need help resolving this situation. Tried to update but it will not update the expired cert. How do I gain a new cert to resolve this issue
SLES 11.1
ZCM 10.3.0
Internal CA used when I built the zone and the zone is fine with this one exception.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Zenworks 10.3 expired user source cert.

rtalada;2105401 wrote:
User source cert to e-directory has expired and I need help resolving this situation. Tried to update but it will not update the expired cert. How do I gain a new cert to resolve this issue
SLES 11.1
ZCM 10.3.0
Internal CA used when I built the zone and the zone is fine with this one exception.


So you did try to update the cert via ZCC->Configuration->User Source->Connections->Update->Ok and that didn't work?

Thomas
0 Likes
rtalada Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Zenworks 10.3 expired user source cert.

thsundel;2105405 wrote:
So you did try to update the cert via ZCC->Configuration->User Source->Connections->Update->Ok and that didn't work?

Thomas


That is exactly what I tried, with no success. The feed back on that attempt is as follows:
The certificate for this connection has not changed. The problem is that the certificate expired on the 30th. Our server TSA for this machine says he updated the cert but the cert says otherwise. Where do I go from here?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Zenworks 10.3 expired user source cert.

Connect via LDAP using a 3rd party LDAP Browser over SSL to try and
verify the cert being used.

For eDir, the LDAP Server Object may need to be updated.
Not sure on the details for AD.


On 5/12/2011 11:36 AM, rtalada wrote:
>
> thsundel;2105405 Wrote:
>> So you did try to update the cert via ZCC->Configuration->User
>> Source->Connections->Update->Ok and that didn't work?
>>
>> Thomas

>
> That is exactly what I tried, with no success. The feed back on that
> attempt is as follows:
> The certificate for this connection has not changed. The problem is
> that the certificate expired on the 30th. Our server TSA for this
> machine says he updated the cert but the cert says otherwise. Where do I
> go from here?
>
>



--
Craig Wilson - MCNE, MCSE, CCNA
Novell Knowledge Partner

Novell does not officially monitor these forums.

Suggestions/Opinions/Statements made by me are solely my own.
These thoughts may not be shared by either Novell or any rational human.
--
Please give a hearty thumbs up to any post you find helpful!
To find articles by Craig Wilson simply follow the link: Craig Wilson's Tips!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.