Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
jkress Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.
307 views

Zenworks_11.3.2_FTFRollUp1

After applying the Zenworks_11.3.2_FTFRollup1 package to an 11.3.2 ZCM
system (SLES11SP3), PROXYDHCP, ZMGPREBOOTPOLICY and NOVELL-TFTP all to start
with a rc_reset and rc_exit error on the startup scripts.

Assist please, TKS
JoeK



---
This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus

Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re:Zenworks_11.3.2_FTFRollUp1

"Joe Kress" Wrote in message:

> After applying the Zenworks_11.3.2_FTFRollup1 package to an 11.3.2 ZCM
> system (SLES11SP3), PROXYDHCP, ZMGPREBOOTPOLICY and NOVELL-TFTP all to start
> with a rc_reset and rc_exit error on the startup scripts.


Is the above perhaps missing the word "fail" between "all" and "to
start"?

From TID 7009608[1] I wonder if your /etc/rc.status file is
corrupt? I know the TID isn't for ZENworks but given there are
three services failing to start I wonder. What does "rpm -Vf
/etc/rc.status" report?

HTH.

[1] https://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7009608
--
Simon Flood
Micro Focus (Novell/NetIQ) Knowledge Partner


----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
0 Likes
jkress Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re:Zenworks_11.3.2_FTFRollUp1

Yes it is fail vice all......

I saw that TID, copied rc.status from a functioning server. No change.

rpm -Vf /etc/rc.status returns
..M...... c /etc/rc.status

JoeK

"Simon Flood" <smflood@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com> wrote in message
news:nrEbz.1786$6A1.1555@novprvlin0913.provo.novell.com...
> "Joe Kress" Wrote in message:
>
>> After applying the Zenworks_11.3.2_FTFRollup1 package to an 11.3.2 ZCM
>> system (SLES11SP3), PROXYDHCP, ZMGPREBOOTPOLICY and NOVELL-TFTP all to
>> start
>> with a rc_reset and rc_exit error on the startup scripts.

>
> Is the above perhaps missing the word "fail" between "all" and "to
> start"?
>
> From TID 7009608[1] I wonder if your /etc/rc.status file is
> corrupt? I know the TID isn't for ZENworks but given there are
> three services failing to start I wonder. What does "rpm -Vf
> /etc/rc.status" report?
>
> HTH.
>
> [1] https://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7009608
> --
> Simon Flood
> Micro Focus (Novell/NetIQ) Knowledge Partner
>
>
> ----Android NewsGroup Reader----
> http://usenet.sinaapp.com/




---
This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus

0 Likes
jkress Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re:Zenworks_11.3.2_FTFRollUp1

Resolved, errors in the startup scripts.
JoeK

"Joe Kress" <jkress@ddssys.com> wrote in message
news:mJEbz.1787$6A1.700@novprvlin0913.provo.novell.com...
> Yes it is fail vice all......
>
> I saw that TID, copied rc.status from a functioning server. No change.
>
> rpm -Vf /etc/rc.status returns
> .M...... c /etc/rc.status
>
> JoeK
>
> "Simon Flood" <smflood@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com> wrote in message
> news:nrEbz.1786$6A1.1555@novprvlin0913.provo.novell.com...
>> "Joe Kress" Wrote in message:
>>
>>> After applying the Zenworks_11.3.2_FTFRollup1 package to an 11.3.2 ZCM
>>> system (SLES11SP3), PROXYDHCP, ZMGPREBOOTPOLICY and NOVELL-TFTP all to
>>> start
>>> with a rc_reset and rc_exit error on the startup scripts.

>>
>> Is the above perhaps missing the word "fail" between "all" and "to
>> start"?
>>
>> From TID 7009608[1] I wonder if your /etc/rc.status file is
>> corrupt? I know the TID isn't for ZENworks but given there are
>> three services failing to start I wonder. What does "rpm -Vf
>> /etc/rc.status" report?
>>
>> HTH.
>>
>> [1] https://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7009608
>> --
>> Simon Flood
>> Micro Focus (Novell/NetIQ) Knowledge Partner
>>
>>
>> ----Android NewsGroup Reader----
>> http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

>
>
>
> ---
> This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus
> protection is active.
> https://www.avast.com/antivirus
>




---
This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Zenworks_11.3.2_FTFRollUp1

On 26/06/16 20:24, Joe Kress wrote:

> Resolved, errors in the startup scripts.


To hopefully help others can you be a bit more specific?

Thanks.
--
Simon
Micro Focus (Novell/NetIQ) Knowledge Partner

------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
please show your appreciation and click on the star below. Thanks.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.