Highlighted
jmiller3 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Zenworks Database connection error

Server ran out of disk space, Suse 10.2. Have recoved diskspace, but now get this error. Have restarted the server, etc.

Any help appreciated:

Unable to connect to the ZENworks database. Please ensure that the ZENworks database is running. One of the possible causes could be the database server IP address changed. Please see the documentation for manual steps required to fix the login issue associated with it.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Zenworks Database connection error

Hi,

Unfortunately if the partition the ZENworks database is on runs out of
disk space even for a brief time the database will go corrupt and is
unrecoverable. You will need to restore your ZENworks database from a
backup. This happened to us when we were in the testing phase of ZCM, so
in the deployment phase we are cautious to not allow it to run out of disk
space.

Mike

On Mon, 03 Nov 2008 17:26:02 +0000, jmiller3 wrote:

>
> Server ran out of disk space, Suse 10.2. Have recoved diskspace, but
> now get this error. Have restarted the server, etc.
>
> Any help appreciated:
>
> Unable to connect to the ZENworks database. Please ensure that the
> ZENworks database is running. One of the possible causes could be the
> database server IP address changed. Please see the documentation for
> manual steps required to fix the login issue associated with it.

0 Likes
jmiller3 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Zenworks Database connection error - solved

Exactly the case.

FYI:

database status showed 'unused', odd message.
Luckily, I'd setup a backup schedule using zman. Unluckily, as the database grew.. and I was doing nightly backups to 'todayname' folders... it filled up the drive corrupting the database.
Using zman, I was able to restore a 2 day before the crash database, and after starting and restarting the zcm and db services, I'm back on-line..

backup is now set to overwrite the same nightly backup, which is backed up by our main backup system... and I'm closely monitoring disk space...
0 Likes
technomoney Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Zenworks Database connection error

Would this be possible on a totally fresh install if SLES 11 x64 and ZCM 10.3 with a fresh 250GB HDD? I got to login once before I got the same message the original posted had/has.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.