Highlighted
New Member.

Zenworks Management Agent not loaded

Hi all
My server is at 11 but the agent on the server is still at 10.3.1. There was nothing in the upgrade logs - lots of "attempting" but nothing that says "failed".

A "novell-zenworks-configure -c SystemStatus" gives

WARNING: Novell ZENworks Management Agent
Installed, but not running

And running "zac" on the server gives

Unknown error while communicating with ZENworks Management Daemon.

Running the agent on the server again gives

lawzcm:/ZCM/ZCM_11 # ./PreAgentPkg_AgentLinuxComplete.bin

Starting the installation...
Checking pre-requisites...
Error :Exiting the installation as this device already has ZENworks agent installed.
Cleaning up the installation files...
Exiting installation due to failure.
Cleaning up the installation files...
Exiting with error code 18.

So how do you restart or reinstall it?
Cheers
Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
New Member.

Re: Zenworks Management Agent not loaded

Simple really - always is in hindsight. I'm not a linux person but getting better.
When I VNC'ed to the server I was getting a message "Cannot load 64-bit SWT Libraries on a 32-bit JVM". (See my other post about ZDC)
So downloaded java 64-bit bin file, extracted and installed over the top of the 32-bit version. Initially got a "ZiconError". Restarted ZCM and hey presto, all good. "ZENworks Management Agent - installed and running" and the server agent happy at version 11.

So where were all the 'experts':rolleyes:?
Cheers
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.