Admiral
Admiral

Zenworks Update / Carbon Black

Last night I pushed out an agent update to 17.4 and a good amount of them had issues. Realized that our anti-virus software, Carbon Black, blocked some of the MSI's from running. I've been going through the Carbon Black console to whitelist some of the MSI's that have been failling, but noticed that none of the MSI's from zenworks are signed by MF, etc.. if they were, I could've whitelisted anything signed by MF, which would be super helpful. 

Not sure how else to handle other than keep whitelisting as I see'm. Anyone else use something similar?

#novell on efnet
Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Can you whitelist a location such as "C:\Program Files (x86)\Novell\ZENworks\ZeUS\cache\ZeUSCache"

This is the location from which the System Updates would be installed in most cases.

The Stand-Alone Updater may pull from other locations depending on how it is used.

--
Please give a hearty thumbs up to any post you find helpful!
To find articles by Craig Wilson simply follow the link: Craig Wilson's Tips!
0 Likes
Admiral
Admiral

I can whitelist, yes, but it looks like they run from multiple spots. C:\windows\installer\, c:\windows\novell\zenworks\bin\downloads, etc...
I dont really want to whitelist c:\windows\installer..

#novell on efnet
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.