Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Zenworks and Xenapp 5 fp2

Hi All,

What is the correct way to set up a citrix bundle in Zenworks

Right now the bundle I created points to a application installed on the Xenapp server

and I put the name of the server hosting the application in the second box.

However when i go to launch the bundle a ctrix error appears: An I/o error occured while your request was being processed.

any ideas?

I am using the latest citrix client on the workstations.

Also how do people handle authentication the citrix server when launching through zenworks?
Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Zenworks and Xenapp 5 fp2

icsbergs;1936998 wrote:
Hi All,

What is the correct way to set up a citrix bundle in Zenworks

Right now the bundle I created points to a application installed on the Xenapp server

and I put the name of the server hosting the application in the second box.

However when i go to launch the bundle a ctrix error appears: An I/o error occured while your request was being processed.

any ideas?

I am using the latest citrix client on the workstations.

Also how do people handle authentication the citrix server when launching through zenworks?

Maybe this might help?

CTX123100 - Error:An I/O (Input/Output) error occurred while your request was being processed - Citrix Knowledge Center

Thomas
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

thsundel;1937038 wrote:
Maybe this might help?

CTX123100 - Error:An I/O (Input/Output) error occurred while your request was being processed - Citrix Knowledge Center

Thomas

So basicly the thin client bundle in zenworks is broken?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Anyone has more info on this? I can't get the newest client (12.1) to work, I always have the I/O error when doing a Thin Client bundle.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

christianlessard;2085003 wrote:
Anyone has more info on this? I can't get the newest client (12.1) to work, I always have the I/O error when doing a Thin Client bundle.

We are getting this error as well. I opened an SR this. We do have a workaround if you are interested.

The problem is related to one line that gets added at launch to the appsrv.ini file (in: c:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Application Data\ICACLIENT\ ) under the section for the the specific app you are attempting to launch.

BrowserProtocol=HTTPonTCP

If you delete this, it will come right back when you launch the app. Our solution for the interim was to delete that entry, and make the file read/execute only. The problem with this workaround, is when you have to publish a new app - it won't be able to add the entry to that file, so it will never launch.

Novell needs to tell us where/when this data is being written to the file. It should be a parameter we can control.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.