dperreault Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Zenworks inplace upgrade from 11.3 to 11.4 Fails

I am trying to upgrade the 11.3 Zenworks server to 11.4 and each time I run the Setup I only get as far as the "Please wait, Zenworks 11 SP4 is being configured for your system" and suddenly the splash screen disappears, and nothing further ever happens.

We are running Zenworks 11.3.2.0 on Window 2008 R2. All prerequisites have been met. It is the only Zenworks server (no satellites)

The upgrade log is as follows...
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<?xml-stylesheet encoding="utf-8" type="text/xsl" href="logviewer/zenworks_log.xsl"?>
<Log>
<Message><MessageID><![CDATA[0000]]></MessageID><MessageString><![CDATA[SetEnvironmentConfigureAction complete!]]></MessageString><Severity><![CDATA[1]]></Severity><Time><![CDATA[1444304354130]]></Time><Source><![CDATA[Unknown Device]]></Source><ComponentName><![CDATA[Server Install]]></ComponentName><AdditionalInfo /></Message>
<Message><MessageID><![CDATA[0000]]></MessageID><MessageString><![CDATA[Windows Installer is not running, return val : 0
]]></MessageString><Severity><![CDATA[2]]></Severity><Time><![CDATA[1444304362802]]></Time><Source><![CDATA[Unknown Device]]></Source><ComponentName><![CDATA[Server Install]]></ComponentName><AdditionalInfo /></Message>
</Log>

Any help is appreciated. Thanks
Labels (2)
0 Likes
11 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Zenworks inplace upgrade from 11.3 to 11.4 Fails

dperreault,

It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your
posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply.

Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options:

- Visit http://www.novell.com/support and search the knowledgebase and/or check all
the other self support options and support programs available.
- You could also try posting your message again. Make sure it is posted in the
correct newsgroup. (http://forums.novell.com)

Be sure to read the forum FAQ about what to expect in the way of responses:
http://forums.novell.com/faq.php

If this is a reply to a duplicate posting, please ignore and accept our apologies
and rest assured we will issue a stern reprimand to our posting bot.

Good luck!

Your Novell Forums Team
http://forums.novell.com

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Have you verified that the ISO or DVD that you are using is in working order? (e.g. check the md5sum against the hash found on the download page).

Also , is this primary running on Windows 2008 R2 or 2008. And what Windows service pack are you at?

Cheers,
Willem
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Willem,

Thanks for the reply. I am running on Windows 2008 R2 Standard 64 bit with SP1

I did check that the ISO md5sum was correct and even went as far as downloading a second copy just in case.

magic31;2408674 wrote:
Have you verified that the ISO or DVD that you are using is in working order? (e.g. check the md5sum against the hash found on the download page).

Also , is this primary running on Windows 2008 R2 or 2008. And what Windows service pack are you at?

Cheers,
Willem
0 Likes
Absent Member.

=?WINDOWS-1252?Q?R=E9p.=20:=20Re:=20Zenworks=20inplace=20upgrade?==?WINDOWS-1252?Q?=20from=2011.3=20to=2011.4=20Fails?=

Working in french here and i have the same problem with a linux server.

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: =?WINDOWS-1252?Q?R=E9p.=20:=20Re:=20Zenworks=20inplace=2

Hi guys,

Sorry for the late reply.

One more question (if you haven't already sorted this). Are you running the setup from the DVD directly? Or from a copy of the DVD contents?

The 11.4 upgrade I have done so far (on a SLES 11 SP3 primary) went without issue... but I ran it directly from the DVD mounted under /mnt.
If this keeps giving issues, maybe best to open a SR.

Cheers,
Willem
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Magic31,

> Or from a copy of the DVD
> contents?

because that is likely to fail and is *completely* unsupported...

--

Shaun Pond
in my "day job" I work for ENGL; our aim is to make Windows deployment
easy

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Shaun Pond;2409994 wrote:
Magic31,

> Or from a copy of the DVD
> contents?

because that is likely to fail and is *completely* unsupported...

Indeed.... and is why I'm asking. 🙂

Cheers,
Willem
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Magic31,

just trying to make it clear for the OP 🙂

--

Shaun Pond
in my "day job" I work for ENGL; our aim is to make Windows deployment
easy

0 Likes
dholland Absent Member.
Absent Member.

My initial attempt at install failed...(Server 2008 R2) I rebooted the server. The upgrade then proceeded without issue.

FWIW, I ran my upgrade from a mounted image of the *.iso. My assumption was that there was a pending reboot needed from a windows update.... Or simply that when dealing with windows we have to shutdown and reboot to get things to work. (Unlike my SLES and Netware boxes that run non-stop for years)
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Willem,

I was mounting the ISO into the VM. After a couple reboots suddenly the install worked. Perhaps as dholland experienced, I may have had a Windows update stuck somewhere.
Anyways the Primary server is upgraded successfully, however the agent on the Primary server refuses to successfully update now. Is there a way to force the update?

Thanks
All

magic31;2409906 wrote:
Hi guys,

Sorry for the late reply.

One more question (if you haven't already sorted this). Are you running the setup from the DVD directly? Or from a copy of the DVD contents?

The 11.4 upgrade I have done so far (on a SLES 11 SP3 primary) went without issue... but I ran it directly from the DVD mounted under /mnt.
If this keeps giving issues, maybe best to open a SR.

Cheers,
Willem
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

dperreault;2410608 wrote:
Anyways the Primary server is upgraded successfully, however the agent on the Primary server refuses to successfully update now. Is there a way to force the update?

Sorry about this, I totally missed your last post.

How did this end up, have you managed to get that agent updated?

-Willem
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.