Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Zenworks virtual appliance registration issue

Hello all,

I am trying to register a fresh install of a ZCM 2017 virtual appliance. I was able to get the install done and then brought the appliance up to our current version 17.4.1. Through the appliance management interface I attempted to register the virtual appliance. I received the following error;

brpowe_0-1592250281298.png

So this gave me reason to look at the logs to see if there was any further info. This is what I have found;

- suse_registerE.log -

brpowe_1-1592250445427.png

- datamodel.stderrout.out -

brpowe_2-1592250600015.png

As always any help is appreciated! TIA

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
10 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

I still have not come to a resolve on this issue. So I attempted to register from yast and the following is what I receive with no real options to continue -

brpowe_0-1592940861500.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

It´s MF or SMT ?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Apologies, I have not witnessed a error 100.
With limited understanding of your environment, maybe these will be clues to your issue.
Here are a few things to check.

Appliance Registration key is 14 alpha numeric digits (w/o dash).
The key from the portal -  make sure it is for the same version for your zone.

TID 7018662 talks about the clock file (error 12)... tho doesn't mention your error.

Check the local firewall

We've seen error 35 & 2
The ZRS Appliance failed to register when configured to communicate through an SSL/TLS proxy. This type of proxy presents it's own certificate for SSL communication. The CA for this certificate was not trusted by the appliance. Thus, the handshake failed.

The 4 logs relevant here (which you've found) are -
var/log/zypper.log, /var/opt/novell/va/logs/suse_register.log, suse_registerE.log, & /var/opt/novell/jetty/logs/jetty.stderrout.out

Keep us posted,

Paul Pedron
ZENworks Engineer

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

David,

Thank you for taking a moment! I have tried to register this against both an internal SMT and against MF. Currently I am trying to just register with MF.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Paul,

Thank you for taking a moment to reply!

I did go back and check out the activation key and it indeed is a 14 digit key with no dash and for the version of Zenworks that we currently have deployed.

I did find that TID about the clock and it indeed was an issue that I went through. That is all set now though 🙂

I have tried disabling the firewall temporarily on this system with no luck.  This system is currently in our DMZ. We have made sure to allow 443 and 80 out for registration to MF(scc.suse.com)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

So in my latest attempt to register this appliance I am using SUSEConnect. I have attached the following in which I am receiving while attempting this method;

brpowe_0-1595430255406.png

TIA for any assistance!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I don't believe that's a valid method for registering the ZENworks Appliance, the appliance is not a full Linux OS.

https://www.novell.com/documentation/zenworks-2020-update-1/zen_ca_appliance/data/onlineupdate.html

I believe you need to go through the appliance configuration (9443) page -> Online Update to do it.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

I you using appliance , you need to go through WebUI on port 9443. I reported problem with SMT, I was told, that this will be fixed in Update1, but isn´t.
I still can´t register 2020 U1 against SMT ( MF 1.1 ).

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Thanks for sharing it, it works.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.