Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
pmacjr
Visitor.

adding Intel e1000e to Boot CD

We have some new Lenova M91p desktops that we need to image but the latest BooCD is not recognizing the NIC Intel e1000e. I did a hwinfo --netcard and it has the following config for the Nic. Can someone point me to adding this to our BootCD?

Vendor: pci 0x8086 "Intel Corporation"
Device: pci 0x1502

Here is our isolinux.cfg file but it just hangs on Boot. I am sure it is a syntax issue.

default linux

label linux
kernel linux
append initrd=initrd ramdisk_size=67584 splash=silent mode=2 CDBOOT=YES showopts vga=0x0314 newid="0x8086 0x1502,e1000e"

label manual
kernel linux
append initrd=initrd ramdisk_size=67584 splash=silent mode=5 CDBOOT=YES showopts vga=0x0314 newid="0x8086 0x1502,e1000e"

label config
kernel linux
append initrd=initrd ramdisk_size=67584 splash=silent mode=7 CDBOOT=YES showopts vga=0x0314

label install
kernel linux
append initrd=initrd ramdisk_size=67584 splash=silent mode=4 CDBOOT=YES showopts vga=0x0314

label lilo
kernel linux
append initrd=initrd ramdisk_size=67584 splash=silent mode=3 CDBOOT=YES showopts vga=0x0314

label disable
kernel linux
append initrd=initrd ramdisk_size=67584 splash=silent mode=3 DISABLEZEN=1 CDBOOT=YES showopts vga=0x0314

label enable
kernel linux
append initrd=initrd ramdisk_size=67584 splash=silent mode=3 ENABLEZEN=1 CDBOOT=YES showopts vga=0x0314

implicit 1
gfxboot bootlogo
display message
prompt 1
timeout 200

Thanks in Advance for any help.

Thanks, pmj
Labels (2)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: adding Intel e1000e to Boot CD

pmacjr,

It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your
posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply.

Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options:

- Visit http://support.novell.com and search the knowledgebase and/or check all
the other self support options and support programs available.
- You could also try posting your message again. Make sure it is posted in the
correct newsgroup. (http://forums.novell.com)

Be sure to read the forum FAQ about what to expect in the way of responses:
http://forums.novell.com/faq.php

If this is a reply to a duplicate posting, please ignore and accept our apologies
and rest assured we will issue a stern reprimand to our posting bot.

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team
http://forums.novell.com/

0 Likes
jrmhscht Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

0 Likes
fantech
Visitor.

This works perfectly with the Dell Optiplex 990

Thankyou I know the pain it is to create updated initrd files

B
0 Likes
daviditeso Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Wow, this is perfect. You just save my life.

I don't want to mess with the initrd again by myself, I really hate to search for the right kernel
0 Likes
pmacjr
Visitor.

Since then I installed the latest ZCM 11 May driver update dated 05-20-2011. There is another update that just came out today June 01, 2011 but I have not installed this update.
We had success with imaging using the BootCD with the May driver update.

Thanks, pmj
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.