Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

direct update to latest version

Hi

anyone got any idea when there will be an update that goes to the latest version? I'm finding it difficult to get everything to the latest version.

Surely this should be a high priority for your development team?

regards

john
Labels (2)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: direct update to latest version

I'm irritated about the whole update procedure of the ZCM agents... It's hard to put all your machines in stages (it's not possible to automatically fill the stage groups or select dynamic groups for the stages. Since we have all our workstations in our Active Directory too, it must be possible to use the GPO based software distribution for the ZCM updates too, i think.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

jvmorrell;2238718 wrote:
Surely this should be a high priority for your development team?

These forums are not officially monitored by Novell. You can use the Requirements Portal to make your needs known.

But if you are referring to having to reboot a thousand times to get from version 10.3.something to 11.2.2, yes, I think they know this is an issue for their customers.

If you are referring to the lack of a "Just BLEEPING install the BLEEPING thing and shut the BLEEP up!" installer? Yes, we'd all like that. There should be a "just make it work" option one can deploy outside of ZCM to bootstrap things.

If you are referring to agent machines which are messed up and fail to upgrade to the latest version you have assigned? The system-update.log on the client should be indicating an issue, perhaps one you can fix ahead of deploying the new agent.

Or if you are referring to the inability to get system updates from NCC? ...

Which of these are you working around?

-- Bob
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

would you like the list bob?

I think the main reason I posted this was the fact that I have seen there is a new bug where machines just lose registration fixed in 11.2.2 mu1...

If only I had a way to directly upgrade all the clients to this version, then I might know exactly which machines are having a problem.

Anyway I hear that this is possibly coming in 11.2.3
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jvmorrell,

> this is possibly coming in 11.2.3

that is our hope, yes - we've made it clear to engineering that this is
a top-priority issue

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

great thats all I need to hear, I can manage as I am until then.

I am hoping that this fore coming version will be a massive step in the right direction for the product.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jvmorrell,

you and me both...

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.