Captain
Captain

ios 13 - Profile Installation Failed

We received a new batch of ios 13 ipads. As a result we followed this TID here, as we did not have the enroll button on the zenworks-eup page:

https://support.microfocus.com/kb/doc.php?id=7024112

We applied the FTF to ZCM 17.4, and re-minted the cert. The Enroll button DOES now show up, hoever, we have a new issues, as we go through the enrollment process, and we reach the last step, we get the following error, "Profile Installation Failed - A server with the specified hostname could NOT be found".  I have also attached a screenshot of the error from the ios 13 Device.  

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I presume you have previously enrolled other IOS devices w/o Issue with older versions of IOS?

Are these devices connected to your internal network via WIFI when registering or are they trying to register over the internet via a server located in your DMZ?

--
Please give a hearty thumbs up to any post you find helpful!
To find articles by Craig Wilson simply follow the link: Craig Wilson's Tips!
0 Likes
Captain
Captain

I presume you have previously enrolled other IOS devices w/o Issue with older versions of IOS?

Actually the funny thing is, for this site, we have not yet, this turns out to be thier first batch, we will take an old device and check it, and see if it enrolls.

Are these devices connected to your internal network via WIFI when registering or are they trying to register over the internet via a server located in your DMZ?

They are connected to our internal wi-fi network, and are on the same subnet as the server, so for instance the server is 10.45.xxx.9  and the device is 10.45.xxx.43 . 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.