Absent Member.
Absent Member.

limit scope of proxydhcp to a group of macs

Hi Folks,

Does anyone know of a way to limit the scope of the novell-proxydhcp service to a group of mac addresses. We would like it if the proxydhcp would only accept pxe request from only a few machines on our network not all like it does by default.

Thanks
Labels (2)
Tags (5)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: limit scope of proxydhcp to a group of macs

Jgeddes,

sorry, not that I know of - http://support.novell.com/enhancement

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

spond;1906395 wrote:
Jgeddes,

sorry, not that I know of - http://support.novell.com/enhancement

--

Shaun Pond

Thanks.... I submitted an enhancement request.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Update:

I can limit the scope of the PXE environment by not running novell-proxydhcp service and instead using these entries for my dhcp.

group { # macs that only see zcm xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
filename "nvlnbp.sys";
next-server xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx;
server-identifier xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx;

host fred { hardware ethernet 00:11:22:33:44:55;
fixed-address xxx.xxx.xxx.56; }
}

With this entry the proxy dhcp service is not required because the dhcp service will tell the client machine to use the nvlnbp.sys boot strap located on server xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.