Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
BachmannK1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

manual Agent Update

I need to update my Agents from 10.2.2 to 10.3. But we have a lot of Novell Clients 4.91 sp3 which have problems with the update of ZAA to 10.3. Login is impossible after upgrade to 10.3.

So we first need to update all Clients to 4.91 SP5 which will take quite a while.

So I would like to create a Bundle to manually install the 10.3 Agent in case the Client 4.91 SP3 is installed locally.

But the problem is that the ZAA downloaded from the servers web page does not allow an update. It tells me that an Agent is already installed.

How can that be handled without removing the old Agent?

Should I install it as DAU or as System Account?

Thanks Klaus
Labels (2)
0 Likes
6 Replies
jcsmith1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: manual Agent Update

I'm interested in this as well. Should we do an enhancement request to have an upgrade version available to us?
0 Likes
BachmannK1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

goot idea - but I would expect to get something like that in the far future. But my customers require a solution NOW.

I expected that somebody might have a solution like: delete that file or directory or Regkey or ... than you can install the new version on top of the current one.

Klaus
0 Likes
Highlighted
chasb73 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Did anyone follow this up?

Is there a manual update file?

BachmannK;1969673 wrote:
goot idea - but I would expect to get something like that in the far future. But my customers require a solution NOW.

I expected that somebody might have a solution like: delete that file or directory or Regkey or ... than you can install the new version on top of the current one.

Klaus
0 Likes
ryamry Absent Member.
Absent Member.

x2. Going from 10.3 to 10.3.1 from the download page yields the same message. Id like to push this outside of the ZCM system updater.
0 Likes
patrickhopkins Absent Member.
Absent Member.

0 Likes
patrickhopkins Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Here's another link. This tool is supplied by novell:

NOVELL: Downloads - ZCM 10.2.x/10.3.x Agent Cleanup Utility 1.2
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.