Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

manual uninstall of agent

I'm looking for instructions for manually removing the agent from a Linux box. I have not turned up anything. It seems that previous versions of ZCM had an agent cleanup utility but (a) that appears to be a Windows-only tool and (b) I didn't even find that for ZCM 2017.

I had some minor problems with one of my SLES 11 satellites. After trying the usual superstitions - clearing the cache, refreshing, rebooting, removing the content role, restoring the content role, and so forth - with no luck, I thought it might be a good idea to reinstall the agent. So I ran the uninstall - choosing local uninstall only - and then ran the install bin. The installation "ran" in two seconds, saying it was "successful", when in fact it was not successful. There is no zac or uninstall script. The satellite is not in contact with the primary. If I re-run the installer, it again runs in no time, and claims to be successful.

Can't install, can't uninstall. My minor problems have become a disaster.

If anyone can point me to instructions for manually removing the agent in Linux, or has some tips from personal experience, I would greatly appreciate it.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

See if this helps..........

https://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7010196
--
Please give a hearty thumbs up to any post you find helpful!
To find articles by Craig Wilson simply follow the link: Craig Wilson's Tips!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hm. When I click that link, I get:

The Article Cannot Be Found

Please accept our apologies for this inconvenience. The article you are looking for may have been removed, its name may have changed, or it is temporarily unavailable.

... and so on. Based on the link, I tried a knowledge base search for 7010196, but got no hits. If you can see the article, could you zip it up and attach it?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I cut and pasted the contents into a Private Message.....
Apparently the TID is not publicly view-able

--
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks! 🙂
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

CRAIGDWILSON;2461060 wrote:
I cut and pasted the contents into a Private Message.....
Apparently the TID is not publicly view-able

any chance to get this also?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

PM'd to you........

Again.....I presume it works, but use at your own risk.
Whoever published the doc did not make it public ....which means it probably would need lots of testing to be official....
--
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Having the same issue. Can't uninstall, can't reinstall, can't even get ZAC command to work. Any chance I can get the secret directions also?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I was finally able to get around my issue by setting the agent not to autostart, rebooting, then starting the agent with /etc/init.d/novell-zenworks-xplatzmd start --clean. Apparently, it didn't pick up our new certificate so I followed that up with a zac retr and all seems good now.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.