Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.
5211 views

nComputing Problems / Server 2003 Client

We are deploying nComputing workstations in our elementary schools which act like Citrix/Terminal Services by taking the host machine and replicating it to the other stations. You have to run Server 2003 on these types of systems to keep the lawyers happy - they don't like you running 5 copies of XP from 2 boxes even if you buy 5 licenses.

Our issue is that I cannot figure out how to do pass through authentication on a Windows 2003 server host. The logs show it trying to pass the login info to the ZCM agent, but it being refused because it is a server OS.

My question is this...can I fake out either the agent of 2003 so I can get this to work or is there another work around...or do I drop back and put and put ZEN 7 on those?

Thanks!
Jason
Labels (2)
0 Likes
5 Replies
binneyja Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: nComputing Problems / Server 2003 Client

did you ever get a fix for this or at least a workaround???
0 Likes
gprater Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: nComputing Problems / Server 2003 Client

Jason,

I have 9 units deployed now and are running off a 2003 server. I am using the Novel client and have had no problems with the ZCM. I have other issues with ZCM on other machines but not with authentication on this server

Gary


japiazza;1655239 wrote:
We are deploying nComputing workstations in our elementary schools which act like Citrix/Terminal Services by taking the host machine and replicating it to the other stations. You have to run Server 2003 on these types of systems to keep the lawyers happy - they don't like you running 5 copies of XP from 2 boxes even if you buy 5 licenses.

Our issue is that I cannot figure out how to do pass through authentication on a Windows 2003 server host. The logs show it trying to pass the login info to the ZCM agent, but it being refused because it is a server OS.

My question is this...can I fake out either the agent of 2003 so I can get this to work or is there another work around...or do I drop back and put and put ZEN 7 on those?

Thanks!
Jason
0 Likes
binneyja Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: nComputing Problems / Server 2003 Client

We have these (X-series) deployed as well but here is the issue. On the ncomputing terminals you can log in DLU's work properly and policies from ZCM are pushed down. But, on the Windows server 2003 box that is the host for the ncomputing devices you log in but DLU's do not work since you are logging in to the console itself. Did you find a work around for this???
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: nComputing Problems / Server 2003 Client

Are you physcially sitting at the 2003 Server or logging in remotely
somehow?
Is the Server a Domain Controller?
Will ZCM Log you on if you have a local account and have ZCM shown as logged
in?

"binneyja" <binneyja@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote in message
news:binneyja.3vdatz@no-mx.forums.novell.com...
>
> We have these (X-series) deployed as well but here is the issue. On the
> ncomputing terminals you can log in DLU's work properly and policies
> from ZCM are pushed down. But, on the Windows server 2003 box that is
> the host for the ncomputing devices you log in but DLU's do not work
> since you are logging in to the console itself. Did you find a work
> around for this???
>
>
> --
> binneyja
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> binneyja's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=44447
> View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=346549
>



0 Likes
binneyja Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: nComputing Problems / Server 2003 Client

Yes I am physically sitting at the 2003 server. No it is not a domain controller and no zcm will not log me in if an account already exists.


Craig Wilson;1825403 wrote:
Are you physcially sitting at the 2003 Server or logging in remotely
somehow?
Is the Server a Domain Controller?
Will ZCM Log you on if you have a local account and have ZCM shown as logged
in?

"binneyja" <binneyja@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote in message
news:binneyja.3vdatz@no-mx.forums.novell.com...
>
> We have these (X-series) deployed as well but here is the issue. On the
> ncomputing terminals you can log in DLU's work properly and policies
> from ZCM are pushed down. But, on the Windows server 2003 box that is
> the host for the ncomputing devices you log in but DLU's do not work
> since you are logging in to the console itself. Did you find a work
> around for this???
>
>
> --
> binneyja
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> binneyja's Profile: NOVELL FORUMS - View Profile: binneyja
> View this thread: nComputing Problems / Server 2003 Client - NOVELL FORUMS
>
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.