UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Commodore
Commodore

patch policies

since the february windows 10 updates my devices are not registering that they need new patches. I have 2 policies 1 for windows 10 and the other for office updates. I can see new patches in the policies when i rebuild but something seems to be stopping the devices from registering with the server. I can remote control, install bundles and refresh the devices ok. it just seems to be the patch management.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Please work through my response here...

https://community.microfocus.com/t5/Patch-Management-User/Non-Software-Installer-patches-all-not-detected-as-applicable/m-p/2865080#M306

There are TWO different issues that are most common...

#1 - There is a known issue where if the "Servicing Stack Update" is too old, it cannot even update itself and patches get flagged "not applicable".  This would be widely seen by many customers.

#2 - There were some changes to the certs of the ZPM Content Servers.  In isolated cases, ZPM is not trusting those servers.

However, the post covers other issues as well.  Do not assume you may only have one of the issues, many folks see more than one.

--
Please give a hearty thumbs up to any post you find helpful!
To find articles by Craig Wilson simply follow the link: Craig Wilson's Tips!
0 Likes
Commodore
Commodore

Thanks for that i will give it a go
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.