Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
barnney Absent Member.
Absent Member.

"Could not find the Zenworks Repository"

I just get an Lenovo Thinkpad x201 3680FBG, but when I try to put an image on it I get this error "Could not find the Zenworks Repository", I updated my server whit the May PRU, this didn't help. Any ideas ?? /Stig
Labels (2)
0 Likes
13 Replies
barnney Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: "Could not find the Zenworks Repository"

It is apparently the same problem as in thred

ZENworks imaging does not recognize Intel 82577LM NIC

ZENworks imaging does not recognize Intel 82577LM NIC

so now what ?? do I wait til marts ??

/Stig
0 Likes
gerwil1478
New Member.

Think you might be confused between PRU (Product Recognition Update) and Device driver updates. Two seperate things. Driver for PXE imaging for Intel 82578DM and possibly yours still coming.

Cheers
0 Likes
barnney Absent Member.
Absent Member.

GERWIL;1970060 wrote:
Think you might be confused between PRU (Product Recognition Update) and Device driver updates. Two seperate things. Driver for PXE imaging for Intel 82578DM and possibly yours still coming.

Cheers

You are right, thanks for your help. I await the update. Do you know, when the update comes?

/Stig
0 Likes
gerwil1478
New Member.

PRU's at the beginning of the month but Device drivers are no so regular.

Cheers
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Gerwil,

Imaging updates happen after engineering finishes testing and passes
them to me 🙂

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
dominicm Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Shaun,

What is the procedure to upgrade the Imaging Drivers, the tftp files for the pxe to work? it is the application of the last PRU ? If so, we have to apply the PRU to the zenworks server that hold the Imaging engine?

thank you.

DM

spond;1970808 wrote:
Gerwil,

Imaging updates happen after engineering finishes testing and passes
them to me 🙂

--

Shaun Pond
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Dominicm,

it's nothing at all to do with the PRU - that's an inventory update.
The installation instructions for the imaging updates are provided on
http://download.novell.com/patch/finder along with the updates
themselves

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
floort Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have this error on Vmware ESX 3.5 u5 trying to pxe an virtual machine that has an vmxnet adapter installed. (flexible is working, but i don't want that one).
0 Likes
dominicm Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,
I was having the same issue, here the site to download the latest Imaging Drivers (pxe and bootcd):

Updates to ZENworks 10 Configuration Management

it working well with my thinkpad lenovo x210

DM

barnney;1969644 wrote:
I just get an Lenovo Thinkpad x201 3680FBG, but when I try to put an image on it I get this error "Could not find the Zenworks Repository", I updated my server whit the May PRU, this didn't help. Any ideas ?? /Stig
0 Likes
penneyb Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi I am now having this problem with the new 8540p with i7 cpus. I did update the drivers to the May drivers which fixed the problem for the 8540p with i5 cpus but the i7 ones still cannot load the drivers. Its weird because they both use the same network card when you check them in windows.

Booting with the cd gets you to the linux prompt but with no ethernet drivers loaded. Any suggestions?
0 Likes
penneyb Absent Member.
Absent Member.

UPDATE: Ok after consulting with someone with more linux smarts than me we have confirmed that the network driver is NOT the issue. The process fails during the copy of the root file with the following error (on the alt F3 screen)

loading tftp://10.62.224.78/boot/root -> /download/fi......
error 103: gzip: command terminated

The file copy goes really really slowly and seems to time out after a period of time.

The boot disk works fine so will just use this for now. migrating to ZCM 10 very soon anyway so not worth worrying about.
0 Likes
johnpersson Absent Member.
Absent Member.

penneyb;1982370 wrote:
UPDATE: Ok after consulting with someone with more linux smarts than me we have confirmed that the network driver is NOT the issue. The process fails during the copy of the root file with the following error (on the alt F3 screen)

loading tftp://10.62.224.78/boot/root -> /download/fi......
error 103: gzip: command terminated

The file copy goes really really slowly and seems to time out after a period of time.

The boot disk works fine so will just use this for now. migrating to ZCM 10 very soon anyway so not worth worrying about.

I have this exact same problem, but i'm not migrating to ZCM 10, atleast not very soon, so I would really need help with this problem.
0 Likes
patrick_reeder Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I go this error after I installed the May initrd update file. I rolled back to the April file and my workstations were able to boot into the imaging environment. FYI - The workstations were Optiplex 760s and 755s.

DEV - ZCM 10.3.4/MS-SQL Database (2 Primaries & 2 Sats running 64-bit SLES 10.2 w/ ENGL Imaging Toolkit 7) PROD - ZCM 10.3.4/MS-SQL Database (5 Primaries & 11 Sats running 64-bit SLES 10.2 w/ ENGL Imaging Toolkit 7 ~7500 Managed Devices)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.