Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

renaming favorites zapp launcher

Jump to solution

Hi

Is there any way to rename the "Favorites" folder in the new ZAPP Launcher window to the correct spelling of "Favourites"  ?

As a University is doesn't reflect well when the folder is spelt incorrectly in English UK, can this be edited in a config file somewhere ?

Thanks in advance

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: renaming favorites zapp launcher

Jump to solution

Hi Gareth,

I replied how I did this in the forums....It is not officially supported, use at your own risk, and requires tweaking after every agent update....that being said it is "possible".

favourite.PNG

Again, there does not appear to be separate "US" and "UK" language files, so it would be hard to make a bug around the ability to differentiate the spellings.

--
Please give a hearty thumbs up to any post you find helpful!
To find articles by Craig Wilson simply follow the link: Craig Wilson's Tips!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

There is NOT a supported way to do this.....

Did I achieve this....Yup 🙊

I will try and send you a private message.....It is "NOT" supported, I had to touch some files I REALLY did not like touching.

Part of the issue is that I don't see US and UK language files, so tweaking based upon US vs UK is likely not going to happen out of the box.

--
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

On the Forums....

Can you go to your "Profile Settings" , Preferences, and Private Messenger and turn on private messages?

--
0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Jump to solution

i dont see any private message options Craig ? i have attached what i see, i will see if i can message you now via the forums 

Cheers

Gareth

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi Gareth,

I replied how I did this in the forums....It is not officially supported, use at your own risk, and requires tweaking after every agent update....that being said it is "possible".

favourite.PNG

Again, there does not appear to be separate "US" and "UK" language files, so it would be hard to make a bug around the ability to differentiate the spellings.

--

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

hope they will put it in the next update.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

The best thing for that is to create an "idea" and get folks to vote for it...

I actually went ahead and created the "idea:.....

https://community.microfocus.com/t5/ZCM-Idea-Exchange/Favorites-in-ZAPP-should-be-able-to-be-renamed-using-a-ZENworks/idi-p/2805641

--
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution
Good ! I voted for it. Maybe also its an Idea to make the whole language file editible
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.