UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

start bundle on location/network change

Jump to solution

Hello,

when AD-Users in home office logs into windows and establish vpn-connection after that, the user home drive (from ad-userattribute) doesn't map. So i need something, which makes a "net use - command" after vpn-connection is active.

My Idea: Want to have a bundle with "net use command line" to map the user home networkdrive.

Problem: Bundle (script-action) is clear. But what to do so that the bundle starts everytime - in that moment - the ZCM-Agent is changing its network / location to "VPN" (location aware)?

Thanks for help!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Normally the ZCM Agent will refresh upon Network Change.  Simply set your bundle to run on Refresh.  Set a SYSREQ for the bundle or action to only run if the VPN is up.  

Here is a sample bundle I created that did something similar......

ZENworks: Implementing Dynamic Variables Based Upon Location - Micro Focus Community - 2759594

--
Please give a hearty thumbs up to any post you find helpful!
To find articles by Craig Wilson simply follow the link: Craig Wilson's Tips!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Normally the ZCM Agent will refresh upon Network Change.  Simply set your bundle to run on Refresh.  Set a SYSREQ for the bundle or action to only run if the VPN is up.  

Here is a sample bundle I created that did something similar......

ZENworks: Implementing Dynamic Variables Based Upon Location - Micro Focus Community - 2759594

--
Please give a hearty thumbs up to any post you find helpful!
To find articles by Craig Wilson simply follow the link: Craig Wilson's Tips!

View solution in original post

Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

We're doing exactly that for years. Create network location(s) matching your VPN configuration, set the bundle (or maybe a GPO) to have a requirement for that network location. When the network changes, ZCM automatically refreshes, and the bundle or GPO executes instantly. 

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Micro Focus Knowledge Partner
No emails please!
http://www.cfc-it.de
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class
PERFECT, thanks!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.