Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.
696 views

temp directories

Hi,

is it possible to clean all temp directories that we can find under
%ZENWORKS% ?

I need to do some cleanup on my server because I begin to have small space
available.

Is it possible to redirect ZPM directory like we can do with content-repo ?

Thanks.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: temp directories

Which other files or directories can I delete too ?
I have a 30 Gb hard drive and I have 1 Gb left.
I have ZCM and patch Management.
Thanks.


"Normand" <nhudon@noreply.ca> a écrit dans le message de groupe de
discussion : p8hjm.4729$7G7.4669@kovat.provo.novell.com...
> Hi,
>
> is it possible to clean all temp directories that we can find under
> %ZENWORKS% ?
>
> I need to do some cleanup on my server because I begin to have small space
> available.
>
> Is it possible to redirect ZPM directory like we can do with content-repo
> ?
>
> Thanks.


0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: temp directories

Patch management must go.
It can use up to 50gb by itself.
Start by deleting all patches out of patch mangement and then disable it.

You will need a much larger HDD to use patch.

Even with patch, 30GB will be tight since the DB can use about twice its
size when you run maintenance on it, which could easily use up a fair chunk
of your free space.



--
Craig Wilson - MCNE, MCSE, CCNA
Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop

Novell does not officially monitor these forums.

Suggestions/Opinions/Statements made by me are solely my own.
These thoughts may not be shared by either Novell or any rational human.
"Normand" <nhudon@noreply.ca> wrote in message
news:2shjm.4739$7G7.4305@kovat.provo.novell.com...
> Which other files or directories can I delete too ?
> I have a 30 Gb hard drive and I have 1 Gb left.
> I have ZCM and patch Management.
> Thanks.
>
>
> "Normand" <nhudon@noreply.ca> a écrit dans le message de groupe de
> discussion : p8hjm.4729$7G7.4669@kovat.provo.novell.com...
>> Hi,
>>
>> is it possible to clean all temp directories that we can find under
>> %ZENWORKS% ?
>>
>> I need to do some cleanup on my server because I begin to have small
>> space available.
>>
>> Is it possible to redirect ZPM directory like we can do with content-repo
>> ?
>>
>> Thanks.

>



0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: temp directories

Hi Craig,
How can I disable Patch Management ?


"Craig Wilson" <craig_d_wilson@yahoo.com> a écrit dans le message de groupe
de discussion : Zoijm.4762$7G7.2092@kovat.provo.novell.com...
> Patch management must go.
> It can use up to 50gb by itself.
> Start by deleting all patches out of patch mangement and then disable it.
>
> You will need a much larger HDD to use patch.
>
> Even with patch, 30GB will be tight since the DB can use about twice its
> size when you run maintenance on it, which could easily use up a fair
> chunk of your free space.
>
>
>
> --
> Craig Wilson - MCNE, MCSE, CCNA
> Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop
>
> Novell does not officially monitor these forums.
>
> Suggestions/Opinions/Statements made by me are solely my own.
> These thoughts may not be shared by either Novell or any rational human.
> "Normand" <nhudon@noreply.ca> wrote in message
> news:2shjm.4739$7G7.4305@kovat.provo.novell.com...
>> Which other files or directories can I delete too ?
>> I have a 30 Gb hard drive and I have 1 Gb left.
>> I have ZCM and patch Management.
>> Thanks.
>>
>>
>> "Normand" <nhudon@noreply.ca> a écrit dans le message de groupe de
>> discussion : p8hjm.4729$7G7.4669@kovat.provo.novell.com...
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> is it possible to clean all temp directories that we can find under
>>> %ZENWORKS% ?
>>>
>>> I need to do some cleanup on my server because I begin to have small
>>> space available.
>>>
>>> Is it possible to redirect ZPM directory like we can do with
>>> content-repo ?
>>>
>>> Thanks.

>>

>
>

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: temp directories

In the ZCC, Go to "Configuration"->ZENworks Agent.

Then under "Agent Features", set Patch Mangment to disabled.
This will disable it for the entire zone.

You could find these settings on the server to disable it, but I dont think
we would want patch running on your devices and trying to talk to a disabled
service.

--
Craig Wilson - MCNE, MCSE, CCNA
Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop

Novell does not officially monitor these forums.

Suggestions/Opinions/Statements made by me are solely my own.
These thoughts may not be shared by either Novell or any rational human.
"Normand" <nhudon@noreply.ca> wrote in message
news:qFijm.4767$7G7.619@kovat.provo.novell.com...
> Hi Craig,
> How can I disable Patch Management ?
>
>
> "Craig Wilson" <craig_d_wilson@yahoo.com> a écrit dans le message de
> groupe de discussion : Zoijm.4762$7G7.2092@kovat.provo.novell.com...
>> Patch management must go.
>> It can use up to 50gb by itself.
>> Start by deleting all patches out of patch mangement and then disable it.
>>
>> You will need a much larger HDD to use patch.
>>
>> Even with patch, 30GB will be tight since the DB can use about twice its
>> size when you run maintenance on it, which could easily use up a fair
>> chunk of your free space.
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Craig Wilson - MCNE, MCSE, CCNA
>> Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop
>>
>> Novell does not officially monitor these forums.
>>
>> Suggestions/Opinions/Statements made by me are solely my own.
>> These thoughts may not be shared by either Novell or any rational human.
>> "Normand" <nhudon@noreply.ca> wrote in message
>> news:2shjm.4739$7G7.4305@kovat.provo.novell.com...
>>> Which other files or directories can I delete too ?
>>> I have a 30 Gb hard drive and I have 1 Gb left.
>>> I have ZCM and patch Management.
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>>
>>> "Normand" <nhudon@noreply.ca> a écrit dans le message de groupe de
>>> discussion : p8hjm.4729$7G7.4669@kovat.provo.novell.com...
>>>> Hi,
>>>>
>>>> is it possible to clean all temp directories that we can find under
>>>> %ZENWORKS% ?
>>>>
>>>> I need to do some cleanup on my server because I begin to have small
>>>> space available.
>>>>
>>>> Is it possible to redirect ZPM directory like we can do with
>>>> content-repo ?
>>>>
>>>> Thanks.
>>>

>>
>>



0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.