Daniel_Isfeld Absent Member.
Absent Member.

update 10.0.2 complete?

I decided to apply the 10.0.2 patch and I believe it has succeeded; as the registry key updated, inventory module updated, and the Status Details for the System Update Status lists the patch as Successful :2 (1 server and 1 workstation).

However, when I browse to these devices in ZCC and refresh their Upcoming Events, the 58 Deploy entries are still listed.

When do these clean up? Am I supposed to do something manually? Or does the system eventually remove these events?

Daniel
Labels (2)
0 Likes
11 Replies
jaredljennings Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: update 10.0.2 complete?

Daniel Isfeld,

>However, when I browse to these devices in ZCC and refresh their
>*Upcoming Events*, the *58 Deploy* entries are still listed.

Hum, have you tried rebooting the client? (Just guessing at this moment.)

--
Jared Jennings - Data Technique, Inc.
Novell Support Forums Sysop
My Blog and Wiki with Tips, Tricks, and Tutorials
http://jaredjennings.org
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Hello, and thank you for your reply.

Yes, I had rebooted the workstation, and also rebooted after reading your reply.

I looked in the System Message Log, and wonder if I may have found some clues...

If I read the log entries correctly On March 19th, the patch files were downloaded at 1am. There are 59 entries listing different files that were pulled.

On the 20th, 23rd, and 24th (today) however, this patch pulldown seems to repeat, but 53 of the 59 entries indicate errors. There were no success or fail messages the 21st and 22nd, and I attribute this to my (possibly aggressive) System Update Download Schedule currently set to reoccur every Monday-Thursday @ 01:00... thereby skipping Friday 21st & Saturday 22nd.

The log enties for this morning are...
[INDENT]

• Content ZENmigration.exe successfully imported into the system.
  • Error while importing content system-update-linux.rpm into the system.
  • Error while importing content novell-zenworks-grouppolicyhelper-10.0.2.0.msi into the system.
  • Error while importing content ZENmigration.exe into the system.
  • Error while importing content novell-zenworks-zencore-agent-10.0.2-1.noarch.rpm into the system.
  • Error while importing content novell-zenworks-system-update-server-10.0.2-1.noarch.rpm into the system.
  • Error while importing content novell-zenworks-system-update-langs-server-10.0.2-1.noarch.rpm into the system.
  • Error while importing content novell-zenworks-primary-agent-10.0.2-1.noarch.rpm into the system.
  • Error while importing content novell-zenworks-managed-devices-server-10.0.2-1.noarch.rpm into the system.
  • Error while importing content novell-zenworks-managed-devices-langs-server-10.0.2-1.noarch.rpm into the system.
  • Error while importing content novell-zenworks-actions-10.0.2-1.noarch.rpm into the system.
  • Error while importing content novell-zenworks-version-10.0.2-1.noarch.rpm into the system.
  • Error while importing content novell-zenworks-patch-management-10.0.2-1.noarch.rpm into the system.
  • Error while importing content novell-zenworks-zmgpxeclientfiles-10.0.2-0.i586.rpm into the system.
  • Error while importing content novell-zenworks-temp-extras-server-10.0.2-1.noarch.rpm into the system.
  • Error while importing content novell-zenworks-temp-extras-langs-server-10.0.2-1.noarch.rpm into the system.
  • Error while importing content novell-zenworks-policies-server-10.0.2-1.noarch.rpm into the system.
  • Error while importing content novell-zenworks-policies-langs-server-10.0.2-1.noarch.rpm into the system.
  • Error while importing content novell-zenworks-inventory-server-10.0.2-1.noarch.rpm into the system.
  • Error while importing content novell-zenworks-inventory-langs-server-10.0.2-1.noarch.rpm into the system.
  • Error while importing content novell-zenworks-core-server-10.0.2-1.noarch.rpm into the system.
  • Error while importing content novell-zenworks-core-langs-server-10.0.2-1.noarch.rpm into the system.
  • Error while importing content novell-zenworks-asset-management-server-10.0.2-1.noarch.rpm into the system.
  • Error while importing content novell-zenworks-asset-management-langs-server-10.0.2-1.noarch.rpm into the system.
  • Error while importing content zenupdate.ini into the system.
  • Error while importing content system-update.msi into the system.
  • Error while importing content CASA.x86_64.msi into the system.
  • Error while importing content CASA.msi into the system.
  • Error while importing content novell-zenworks-actions-10.0.2.msi into the system.
  • Error while importing content novell-zenworks-system-update-langs-server-10.0.2.msi into the system.
  • Error while importing content novell-zenworks-system-update-server-10.0.2.msi into the system.
  • Error while importing content novell-zenworks-pxeclientfiles-10.0.2.0.msi into the system.
  • Error while importing content novell-zenworks-actions-langs-client-10.0.2.msi into the system.
  • Error while importing content novell-zenworks-winproxy-10.0.2.msi into the system.
  • Error while importing content novell-zenworks-managed-devices-langs-server-10.0.2.msi into the system.
  • Error while importing content novell-zenworks-managed-devices-server-10.0.2.msi into the system.
  • Error while importing content novell-zenworks-version-10.0.2.msi into the system.
  • Error while importing content novell-zenworks-patch-management-server-10.0.2.0.msi into the system.
  • Error while importing content novell-zenworks-patch-management-agent-10.0.2.0.msi into the system.
  • Error while importing content novell-zenworks-grouppolicyhelper-10.0.2.0.msi into the system.
  • Error while importing content novell-zenworks-policyhandlers-10.0.2.0.msi into the system.
  • Error while importing content novell-zenworks-zencore-agent-10.0.2.msi into the system.
  • Error while importing content novell-zenworks-usermanagement-10.0.2.msi into the system.
  • Error while importing content novell-zenworks-usermanagement-10.0.2.x86_64.msi into the system.
  • Error while importing content novell-zenworks-policy-tools-10.0.2.0.msi into the system.
  • Error while importing content novell-zenworks-inventory-10.0.2.msi into the system.
  • Error while importing content novell-zenworks-primary-agent-10.0.2.msi into the system.
  • Error while importing content novell-zenworks-temp-extras-langs-server-10.0.2.msi into the system.
  • Error while importing content novell-zenworks-temp-extras-server-10.0.2.msi into the system.
  • Error while importing content novell-zenworks-policies-langs-server-10.0.2.msi into the system.
  • Error while importing content novell-zenworks-policies-server-10.0.2.msi into the system.
  • Error while importing content novell-zenworks-inventory-langs-server-10.0.2.msi into the system.
  • Error while importing content novell-zenworks-asset-management-langs-server-10.0.2.msi into the system.
  • Error while importing content novell-zenworks-asset-management-server-10.0.2.msi into the system.
  • Content novell-zenworks-inventory-server-10.0.2.msi successfully imported into the system.
  • Content novell-zenworks-core-langs-server-10.0.2.msi successfully imported into the system.
  • Content novell-zenworks-core-server-10.0.2.msi successfully imported into the system.
  • Content SystemUpdate.ini successfully imported into the system.
  • Content dbupdater-10.0.2.jar successfully imported into the system.
[/INDENT]

The errored entries basically have the same message...
[INDENT]Full Message: Error while importing content novell-zenworks-policies-server-10.0.2.msi into the system.
Additional Information: Error creating content file:D:\Novell\ZENworks\work\content-repo\tmp\zencs51793.tmp
Severity: Error
Date: March 24, 2008 1:10:05 AM
Acknowledged Date: None
Source: /Devices/Servers/ServerName
Message ID: AddContentHandler.MSG_ADD_CONTENT_FAILURE
Probable Cause URL: None
Log ID: 2ee1b29e81dac77e3229af857e15f0ec
Related Objects: /System/System Bundles/7ac49b1788d409fed8bc0f871c281d16[/INDENT]

Looking at the System Update Overview, I have one entry...
[INDENT]Update for ZCM (10.0.2) - REQUIRES 10.0.1 update to be applied first. See TID 3407754 at NOVELL: Support. Jan 15, 2008 Bundling (100%)[/INDENT]

Looking at the System Update Status page for this update, the only Action available for selection is to "Clear Update".

Should the update ever be cleared manually? or do the errors point to the issue?
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Daniel Isfeld,

>file:D:\Novell\ZENworks\work\content-repo\tmp\zencs51793.tmp
>*Severity:* Error

Just a question, but has the content repo been redirected to a LUN?

--
0 Likes
Absent Member.

I have not changed anything in that area. The different between the 19th and 24th... pre and post 10.0.2 update. It wasn't until the afternoon of the 19th that I pushed the update out..
0 Likes
Absent Member.

I should probably also mention, I am using a Win2K3 server for my ZCM deployment.

I have verified that the D:\Novell\ZENworks\work\content-repo\tmp\ path exists, and the folder reports that it was last updated at 5:03 am today... so I imagine that indicates that it is being used.
0 Likes
Absent Member.

I just realized I probably haven't answered your question...

As specific as I can be, I believe the short answer is no... no LUN.

This little server I am using for testing ZCM has a single ATA hard drive with 2 partitions. The second partition has been used for the ZCM deployment.
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Daniel Isfeld,

>This little server I am using for testing ZCM has a single ATA hard
>drive with 2 partitions. The second partition has been used for the
>ZCM deployment.

Hum. I was told today that there is an issue with copying files across
partitions in ZCM, but I don't think that is happening here as the
location of the content repo is on the same partition as the root zcm
system. The whole ZCM system is on one partition.

--
0 Likes
Absent Member.

That is correct, everything ZCM is on one partition.
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Daniel Isfeld,

>
>That is correct, everything ZCM is on one partition.

Ok, well I think I will have to wait for Shaun to recover from BrainShare.

--
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Daniel Isfeld,

>I have verified that the D:\Novell\ZENworks\work\content-repo\tmp\ path
>exists, and the folder reports that it was last updated at 5:03 am
>today... so I imagine that indicates that it is being used.

Humbug. I really stink at troubleshooting the update process and Shaun is
out till tomorrow. I will see if I can pull him into this thread.

You have gone through the troubleshooting tids?

--
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't know where to begin... I am using the ZCM eval ISO, so a 1st time user. This is one of a few issues I am having (posted in various other threads where I thought it was applicable to post).

I am trying very hard to embrace ZCM, as PatchLink suggested looking at ZCM for a more complete solution based on our wants/needs... I just wished my initial successes with ZCM were more in-line while those I had with PatchLink's eval.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.