Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
dcadmin Absent Member.
Absent Member.

update from zcm11.2.1mu2 to 11.2.2

I ran the update from zcm11.2.1mu2 to 11.2.2 last night (windows 2008r2 server platform) & noticed even though it does report 11.2.2.12991 in the version.txt, that available system updates still lists 11.2.2 as ready (not baselined as the other updates changed themselves to after awhile), and it is still listed under deploying system updates. It is listed as successful & not pending, but still shows up there (other updates removed themselves after awhile). Just wondering if there is something I missed in the update. I followed the tid that came with it & the update documentation it pointed to. This seemed to work fine for me in the past for the 11.2.1mu1 & mu2 updates.

Thanks!
Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: update from zcm11.2.1mu2 to 11.2.2

Dcadmin,

"baselined" will only occur once every device in your zone is upgraded

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
dcadmin Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have verified that all the devices (server itself & workstations) are now 11.2.2.12991, but the update still shows "ready" instead of "baselined". 11.2.2 still shows under "deploying system updates" even though 0 pending & all sucessful. Anything else I need to do with this?
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Dcadmin,

did you deploy to specified devices? If so, you need ot to a deploy to
all devices - then it will see that there are no more and it will
baseline. But you don't need to baseline unless you think you might
find a machine that was registered to another zone with an older agent
for example, since baselined just means it will auto-update any it
finds...

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
dcadmin Absent Member.
Absent Member.

You are correct, I did deploy to just selected devices, not all. Running a deploy to all right now, I'll check on the "ready" vs "baselined" status next week.

spond;2231698 wrote:
Dcadmin,

did you deploy to specified devices? If so, you need ot to a deploy to
all devices - then it will see that there are no more and it will
baseline. But you don't need to baseline unless you think you might
find a machine that was registered to another zone with an older agent
for example, since baselined just means it will auto-update any it
finds...

--

Shaun Pond
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.