Highlighted
smartz136 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

updating agent from 10.2.0 to 10.2.2

We updated our server from 10.2.0 to 10.2.2 however there is nothing on the sytem update page for an agent update.. i realize i could do a 10.3 server/agent update..but i really can't update the server at this time so in an effort to get the agent on the same page as the server can anyone help.. there must be an update i can download.. i don't want to have to uninstall and reinstall the agent from the tools page (massive task)
Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
8 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: updating agent from 10.2.0 to 10.2.2

smartz136;1973355 wrote:
We updated our server from 10.2.0 to 10.2.2 however there is nothing on the sytem update page for an agent update.. i realize i could do a 10.3 server/agent update..but i really can't update the server at this time so in an effort to get the agent on the same page as the server can anyone help.. there must be an update i can download.. i don't want to have to uninstall and reinstall the agent from the tools page (massive task)

If you applied the 10.2.2 update to the server then you should can simply assign that same update to your workstations.

Thomas
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thsundel,

or just do a deploy to all devices...

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
smartz136 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

that's not and option..just reschedule deployment but because it was only deployed to the server i think it will only redeploy to the server..no need
0 Likes
patrick_reeder Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Are you saying the update is only showing up in the "Deploying System Updates" section? If so, can you select the stage and click Actions? Do you see any available options there (Specifically "Bypass Stages and apply to all Devices)?

DEV - ZCM 10.3.4/MS-SQL Database (2 Primaries & 2 Sats running 64-bit SLES 10.2 w/ ENGL Imaging Toolkit 7) PROD - ZCM 10.3.4/MS-SQL Database (5 Primaries & 11 Sats running 64-bit SLES 10.2 w/ ENGL Imaging Toolkit 7 ~7500 Managed Devices)
0 Likes
smartz136 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

it's grayed out
0 Likes
Obiwan1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

smartz136;1973396 wrote:
that's not and option..just reschedule deployment but because it was only deployed to the server i think it will only redeploy to the server..no need

So following the mentioned TID this one could fit:

Case when the 10.2.x update is not BASELINE state:

If the 10.2.x update is not set to BASELINE, but the 10.3a is downloaded, then the 10.2.x update is marked as superceeded and removed from ZCC view.

To restore 10.2.x update for making further assignments, simply delete the 10.3 System update from the ZCC to restore the 10.2.x view.

This is working as designed.

This behaviour made me crazy today: I did a manual 10.3a download, applied 2 patches and used zman sui. Afterwards I realized the 10.2.x updates were removed, agents histories are still showing 10.2.1 and 10.2.2 (but not "linked" anymore). The most strange history was shown at primary server: 10.2 was shown in state "Rebuilding deployment packages" ...

So I decided to update the server today (just 3 days earlier than scheduled)...I'll know more in a few hours 😉
0 Likes
smartz136 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

the problem is it no longer shows up under available system updates... it's just visible under deploying system updates and shows "successful" for the server.. is there a way to re-download it..or..does it reside somewhere on my server??
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Smartz136,

see TID 7005819

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.