Absent Member.
Absent Member.

upgrade to sp1 and sp1a makes login to zone not work

We originally were running ZCM 11. We upgraded to ZCM11sp1 with the iso but never bothered installing the 11sp1 agent on any of the workstations. Recently, we tried to install the 11sp1 agent on a workstation that needed to be reimaged and after installing it, we cannot log into the zone. We saw that there was an 11sp1a upgrade, and so we ran that from the web control interface and it says the update was successful. Obtained the new agent after the upgrade and still are not able to log into the zone after installing it.

The workstations are running Windows XP Pro with netware client 4.91 sp5 ir1.

zen agent version: (includes agent update for 11.1)
Bundle Management 11.1.0.13643 Running
Image Management 11.1.0.10525 Running
Inventory Management 11.1.0.10525 Running
Policy Management 11.1.0.10525 Running
Remote Management 11.1.0.10525 Running
User Management 11.1.0.10447 Running

zen agent error during login:

[DEBUG] [10/31/2011 11:29:17.796] [1840] [ZenworksWindowsService] [24] [] [RemotingService] [] [Found zone server https://zen.skokie68.org:8443/ to be good, continuing] [] []
[DEBUG] [10/31/2011 11:29:17.796] [1840] [ZenworksWindowsService] [24] [] [RemotingService] [] [About to call ObtainAuthToken] [] []
[DEBUG] [10/31/2011 11:29:17.812] [1840] [ZenworksWindowsService] [24] [] [RemotingService] [] [ZENLogin took exception: Method not found: 'Byte() Novell.Casa.Client.Auth.Authtoken.ObtainAuthToken(System.String, System.String, Novell.Casa.Client.Auth.WinLuid, System.String() ByRef)'. System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Byte() Novell.Casa.Client.Auth.Authtoken.ObtainAuthToken(System.String, System.String, Novell.Casa.Client.Auth.WinLuid, System.String() ByRef)'.
at Novell.Zenworks.Zmd.Common.CasaHelper.ObtainAuthToken(String SessionID, String RealmName, String Host, String& AuthToken, String()& ExtraAttribs)
at Novell.Zenworks.Native.RemotingService.RemotingServiceImp.ZENLogin(String SessionID, String Realm, String Username, String Password, String FullDName, String SharedSecret, UInt32 LoginFlag, Boolean bZIconLogin, String()& ExtraAttribs)] [] []
[DEBUG] [10/31/2011 11:29:17.812] [1840] [ZenworksWindowsService] [24] [] [RemotingService] [] [ZENLogin returning FAILURE] [] []

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks,

-Paul
Labels (2)
0 Likes
7 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Postaszewski,

can you run through the exact sequence you used please? If you had
applied 11.1, then how did you replace that with 11.1a? Did you apply
agent update 1 to all your 11.1 servers first, as it shows in the TID
you're asked to follow?

On the 11.1a download page it says
/IMPORTANT: If you have installed or upgraded your zone using the
original file ZENworks11SP1.iso then it is of paramount importance that
you read and understand TID 7009257 Agent update 1 for ZENworks 11.1
before attempting to download and apply ZENworks11SP1a.iso/

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

So it still works using the ZCM 11.0 CAPx agent, where'as it doesnt with ZCM 11 SP1a?

From the error, it appears it was unable to talk to the server or get a valid authtoken. Do you use locations or closest server rule to give out the server lists a client can communicate with?
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

theflyingcorpse;2150430 wrote:
So it still works using the ZCM 11.0 CAPx agent, where'as it doesnt with ZCM 11 SP1a?

From the error, it appears it was unable to talk to the server or get a valid authtoken. Do you use locations or closest server rule to give out the server lists a client can communicate with?

We only have one server, so we're using the default option. "closestserverdefaultrule"

spond;2150429 wrote:
Postaszewski,

can you run through the exact sequence you used please? If you had
applied 11.1, then how did you replace that with 11.1a? Did you apply
agent update 1 to all your 11.1 servers first, as it shows in the TID
you're asked to follow?

On the 11.1a download page it says
/IMPORTANT: If you have installed or upgraded your zone using the
original file ZENworks11SP1.iso then it is of paramount importance that
you read and understand TID 7009257 Agent update 1 for ZENworks 11.1
before attempting to download and apply ZENworks11SP1a.iso/

--

Shaun Pond

Shaun - We upgraded from 10.3 to 11.0. Shortly after upgrading to 11.0 we upgraded to 11sp1. I'm confused though... sp1 is different from sp1a... correct? According to what I read, it said that if you upgraded to sp1 using the zenworks11sp1.iso that you need to run the 11sp1a upgrade. So that's what we tried here.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

There is a quick workaround, at least for Windows 7 64-bit: At Zenworks login promt select cancel then choose "File - Login" from the Adaptive Agent window and log in, after that everything works. Wery annoying Though. This happened after updating to ZEN 11 SP 1, and the again after updating to ZEN 11 SP1a. The same problem occurs on new client installations of ZEN 11 SP1a every time the device is imported.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yah... even if that worked... It wouldn't be a good work around for my school district. Any little extra thing they have to do to log in is un acceptable.

Anyone have any idea why this is happening?
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The workaround only has to be performed once per workstation by the admin, the normal user will not encounter this problem after that. Still it's only a workaround, I too would like too see this issue resolved.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yah... That's still not doable. I'd have to go through 800 computers or more... one by one. No thanks.

It's working fine w/ the 11 agent. I have slow logins sometimes, which i think is related to the old agent... Wouldn't be the first time zen caused slow logins or logouts with the damn agent.

Cmon Novell... Get this figured out! I really don't want to waste one of my SR's on this. I think its ridiculous... Not many people run novell anymore. Those who do, have used it for years and only use it because they know its good... But lately... The troubles I've been having since switching to SLES 10 sp3 on all my servers... I'd rather jump ship at this point. I had to spend 2500.00 on a SR pack just to get an issue with SLES 10 sp3 w/ OES2 sp3 figured out. Which I come to find out, if i just waited a few more days, would have been released in the next set of patches but ndsd kept dying and making everyone lose contact with the server.

I'm kind of getting fed up.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.