Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner
964 views

upgrading ZCM 10 to 11

I have ZCM 10.3.3 installed in a VM using the ZCM appliance. It is
currently running SLES 10 SP2. This is a relatively small
installation, so everything runs on a single server and it uses the
embedded database. I do have one satellite server at a remote office.
Is there a recommended method for upgrading the appliance install to
ZCM 11? Or is it just a matter of applying SLES 10 SP4 and then
running the ZCM 11 upgrade?

Thanks,
Ken
--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

Create and vote for enhancements!
Idea Exchange sites within this community are now coming online for some of the Collaboration Products!
GroupWise Idea Exchange - https://community.microfocus.com/t5/GroupWise-Idea-Exchange/idb-p/GWideas
SMG Idea Exchange - https://community.microfocus.com/t5/Secure-Messaging-Gateway-Idea/idb-p/SMG_Ideas
Old method is still available for some products here: https://www.microfocus.com/products/enhancement-request.html
Labels (2)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: upgrading ZCM 10 to 11

KeN Etter,
> I have ZCM 10.3.3 installed in a VM using the ZCM appliance. It is
> currently running SLES 10 SP2. This is a relatively small
> installation, so everything runs on a single server and it uses the
> embedded database. I do have one satellite server at a remote office.
> Is there a recommended method for upgrading the appliance install to
> ZCM 11? Or is it just a matter of applying SLES 10 SP4 and then
> running the ZCM 11 upgrade?


The appliance is upgraded in a different way and it is descrobed in the
docs. Ie it works pretty much like the migration wizard, ie you download
and deploy a 11.2 Appliance and when asked you select "Migrate". It will
pull over all the info from your existing server and take over it's
identity.

After migration, do not ever bring up the old.... 🙂

--
Anders Gustafsson (NKP)
The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Have an idea for a product enhancement? Please visit:
http://www.novell.com/rms

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: upgrading ZCM 10 to 11

On Tue, 17 Apr 2012 13:07:13 GMT, Anders Gustafsson
<AndersG@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote:

>The appliance is upgraded in a different way and it is descrobed in the
>docs. Ie it works pretty much like the migration wizard, ie you download
>and deploy a 11.2 Appliance and when asked you select "Migrate". It will
>pull over all the info from your existing server and take over it's
>identity.
>
>After migration, do not ever bring up the old.... 🙂


Thanks Anders...I obviously didn't look far enough in the docs. 🙂

Ken
--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

Create and vote for enhancements!
Idea Exchange sites within this community are now coming online for some of the Collaboration Products!
GroupWise Idea Exchange - https://community.microfocus.com/t5/GroupWise-Idea-Exchange/idb-p/GWideas
SMG Idea Exchange - https://community.microfocus.com/t5/Secure-Messaging-Gateway-Idea/idb-p/SMG_Ideas
Old method is still available for some products here: https://www.microfocus.com/products/enhancement-request.html
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: upgrading ZCM 10 to 11

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: upgrading ZCM 10 to 11

On Tue, 17 Apr 2012 13:14:32 GMT, Shaun Pond
<spond@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote:

>KeN,
>
>it's in the docs... http://www.novell.com/documentation/zenworks11/zen11_upgrade/data/bw42pk9.html


Thanks Shaun...I didn't look far enough in the docs.

Ken
--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

Create and vote for enhancements!
Idea Exchange sites within this community are now coming online for some of the Collaboration Products!
GroupWise Idea Exchange - https://community.microfocus.com/t5/GroupWise-Idea-Exchange/idb-p/GWideas
SMG Idea Exchange - https://community.microfocus.com/t5/Secure-Messaging-Gateway-Idea/idb-p/SMG_Ideas
Old method is still available for some products here: https://www.microfocus.com/products/enhancement-request.html
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: upgrading ZCM 10 to 11

KeN Etter,
> Thanks Shaun...I didn't look far enough in the docs.


Note that the procedure for going from the 11.1 appliance to 11.2 is
completely different though.

--
Anders Gustafsson (NKP)
The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Have an idea for a product enhancement? Please visit:
http://www.novell.com/rms

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.