Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

workstation assigned remote control policy stopped applying

Since applying the Jan PRU my remote contol policy has stopped applying to all of my desktops. If I associate it to the the users it will apply if they log into the agent. This is currently not auto logging in so this is not really an option either unless I can get the auto login piece to work. Is there a way to edit the default remote control policy so it will stop prompting the user for permission to remote control?

Thanks,

Chuck
Labels (2)
0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: workstation assigned remote control policy stopped applying

Starrdog265,

the PRU contains inventory information, so that won't be relevant...
you need to look at the logs (zmd-messages.log, set to debug level) on
the workstation to see what's happening

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: workstation assigned remote control policy stopped apply

Shaun,

Is there a reg edit to set the agent to auto login? This was something that was working previously. I will check the logs to see if that points me anywhere. This may be the case that the workstation assignement may have never worked and it was getting applied by user. Still for some reason the agents don't log into the realm any longer.

Thanks for you input and I will let you know what I see in the logs.

Chuck
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Starrdog265,

> Is there a reg edit to set the agent to auto login?
>

no, because it happens automatically - there's a reg key to stop it,
but if you haven't done anything it's not relevant. The logs are the
key...

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Shaun,

We have gone through the logs and there isn't anything that is glaring as something being wrong. There wierd thing with this is that if you do log into the agent manually (which works) and then apply the policy by user association it works. If you apply it by workstation association it does not. As far as I understand it should not matter whether there is a user authenticated to the realm or not if the policy is associated to the workstation. The other thing that is strange is that when the agent is first deployed you can remote the machine just fine so it appears that it is getting the policy, but once a reboot is done it quits working.

There are no errors that I can find either in the event viewer or in the log file so at this point I am stumped as to what could be causing this issue.

Thanks,

Chuck
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Starrdog265,

so do you see the policy in the device list in the z-icon?

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Sorry it took so long to get back at this, I was not seeing the policy in the agent icon. The solution to the problem ended up being one of the services on the server was working correctly. After a restart of the services my policies started applying correctly again.

Thanks
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Starrdog265,

glad you're working now

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.