Chris Mosentine Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

zypper ps showing zcm jar not updating

Hi all: I have two OES 2015 sp1 servers in my branch offices that are secondaries. They are working fine. I installed several OES/SLES updates including a java update. Installation went fine and zypper ps showed seven zcm jar files still running old files that were updated. Normally a simple restart of the zcm agent will allow the updated files to get used and solve the issue. But that did not work. I then rebooted the server and still I see the same seven jar files (see below).

Does anyone know what is causing this and do you have a fix? Thanks much, Chris.

mk11:~ # zypper ps
The following running processes use deleted files:

PID | PPID | UID | Login | Command | Service | Files
------+-------+-----+-------+---------+---------+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
47904 | 47903 | 0 | root | jsvc | | /opt/novell/zenworks/webserver/webapps/CasaAuthTokenSvc/WEB-INF/lib/nimbus-jose-jwt-2.10.1.jar
| | | | | | /opt/novell/zenworks/webserver/webapps/CasaAuthTokenSvc/WEB-INF/lib/zcmScardAuthenticate.jar
| | | | | | /opt/novell/zenworks/webserver/webapps/CasaAuthTokenSvc/WEB-INF/lib/commons-logging.jar
| | | | | | /opt/novell/zenworks/webserver/webapps/CasaAuthTokenSvc/WEB-INF/lib/commons-codec-1.7.jar
| | | | | | /opt/novell/zenworks/webserver/webapps/CasaAuthTokenSvc/WEB-INF/lib/json-smart-1.1.1.jar
| | | | | | /opt/novell/zenworks/webserver/webapps/CasaAuthTokenSvc/WEB-INF/lib/jcip-annotations-1.0.jar
| | | | | | /opt/novell/zenworks/webserver/webapps/CasaAuthTokenSvc/WEB-INF/lib/xmlsec-1.4.0.jar

You may wish to restart these processes.
See 'man zypper' for information about the meaning of values in the above table.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: zypper ps showing zcm jar not updating

Keep in Mind........Files used by ZCM....including Java....are 100% independent of OS Updates and OS installs.
--
Please give a hearty thumbs up to any post you find helpful!
To find articles by Craig Wilson simply follow the link: Craig Wilson's Tips!
0 Likes
Chris Mosentine Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: zypper ps showing zcm jar not updating

CRAIGDWILSON;2466655 wrote:
Keep in Mind........Files used by ZCM....including Java....are 100% independent of OS Updates and OS installs.

Something keeps flagging these files as using an outdated version of java.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.