With ZENworks for Desktops 4, running NALDESK from the local workstation can be troublesome from time-to-time as the icon does not always show up in the system tray if it is launched to early during the login process.
With ZENDESK, you will no longer have this problem. The small utility waits 15 seconds before launching NALDESK from the local workstation, and enables the NAL system tray icon to be displayed every time.
Simply place the ZENdesk.exe file in your [public] folder on any ZfD server, and setup your login script to run the ZENdesk.exe file from a login script. That's all there is to it!
If you have a mixed ZENworks environment, I would recommend running the following in your login script:
*NOTE: To use the following, the "EXIST" tool will be needed, but has been included.
- ;Check to see if ZfD 4.x Agent is installed in environment
- #exist C:\Program Files\Novell\Zenworks\naldesk.exe
- if "%ERRORLEVEL"!="0" then
- ;If ZfD 4.x is not installed, run old ZfD application launcher
- ;If ZfD 4.x is installed, run new ZfD application launcher
If you have any questions or comments regarding this program, feel free to e-mail me at JBenson@Wclark.k12.in.us.