Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Blackberry's and Storage Device Control

We are now in the phase of getting ready to start using policies to enforce users to only use certain devices.

I have been using the ZES Device Scanner to gather information on devices from our users, I have noticed though that when it comes to import these into the policy via the management console - Nothing happens!!

If I have a look at the .suf file for a Blackberry I can see the information in the file but nothing gets imported.

I have looked at the documentation and it does not seem very helpful, has anyone come across this? This is also happening with other devices not just Blackberries.

Thanks
Simon.
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

SimonMag;1974465 wrote:
We are now in the phase of getting ready to start using policies to enforce users to only use certain devices.

I have been using the ZES Device Scanner to gather information on devices from our users, I have noticed though that when it comes to import these into the policy via the management console - Nothing happens!!

If I have a look at the .suf file for a Blackberry I can see the information in the file but nothing gets imported.

I have looked at the documentation and it does not seem very helpful, has anyone come across this? This is also happening with other devices not just Blackberries.

Thanks
Simon.

Simon,

The preferred devices is only for USB thumb drives so if you scan a USB thumb drive you should be able to export and import the suf file and it should work. It will not show non USB thumb drives like a Blackberry devices. If you want to control the Blackberry device you can use the information captured in the scanner to build a USB connectivity rule.

Thanks,

Dave
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

dchiara;1974719 wrote:
Simon,

The preferred devices is only for USB thumb drives so if you scan a USB thumb drive you should be able to export and import the suf file and it should work. It will not show non USB thumb drives like a Blackberry devices. If you want to control the Blackberry device you can use the information captured in the scanner to build a USB connectivity rule.

Thanks,

Dave

Thanks Dave, I will give it a go.

Simon
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

SimonMag;1974886 wrote:
Thanks Dave, I will give it a go.

Simon

I have managed to get this to work, I have had to create device exclusions in for all the devices in the Advanced section of the USB Connectivity page and not use the Storage Device Control. It seems that you can't use both of these at the same time.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.