Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Encrypting the local drive(laptop) with ZCM 10.3.3

Can endpoint encryption be applied to a D drive partition that is used for data only? Also, can encryption be applied to a particular folder? One last question can endpoint encryption be installed without the novell client. Thansk for any help.
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Encrypting the local drive(laptop) with ZCM 10.3.3

markcoburn95;2152858 wrote:
Can endpoint encryption be applied to a D drive partition that is used for data only? Also, can encryption be applied to a particular folder? One last question can endpoint encryption be installed without the novell client. Thansk for any help.

I haven't looked at this yet, but thought the system drive needs to be encrypted as well.... Not sure and can check.

In any case, the endpoint disk encryption will only be available starting ZCM 11 SP2 AFAIK?

-Willem
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Encrypting the local drive(laptop) with ZCM 10.3.3

magic31;2153323 wrote:
I haven't looked at this yet, but thought the system drive needs to be encrypted as well.... Not sure and can check.

In any case, the endpoint disk encryption will only be available starting ZCM 11 SP2 AFAIK?

-Willem

Ok, thanks. I appreciate any info.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Not applicable

Re: Encrypting the local drive (laptop) with ZCM 10.3.3

Hey Mark,

With ZENworks you have one option to encrypt (now) and another option near February 2012 (ZCM 11 SP2).

Now, you can encrpypt Files & Folders (called "Safe Harbors") by using ZENworks Endpoint Security Management product, please note that it is integrated into ZCM, but licensed separately.

With ZCM 11 SP2 we'll add "Full Disk Encryption" which is whole disk/partitions encryption. Please note that also will be integrated into ZCM, but licensed separately.

Novell Client is NOT required in either case. ZCM is a completely agnostic solution.

Hope this helps,
Daniel

>>>

To:novell.support.zenworks.endpoint-security-management
Date: 11/17/2011 1:16 pm
Subject: Re: Encrypting the local drive (laptop) with ZCM 10.3.3

magic31;2153323 Wrote:

> I haven't looked at this yet, but thought the system drive needs to be
> encrypted as well.... Not sure and can check.
>
> In any case, the endpoint disk encryption will only be available
> starting ZCM 11 SP2 AFAIK?
>
> -Willem

--
markcoburn95
------------------------------------------------------------------------
markcoburn95's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=119532
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=448063
0 Likes
Highlighted
Not applicable

Re: Encrypting the local drive (laptop) with ZCM 10.3.3

Sorry, my bad.

You can't encrypt with 10.3.x. since ZESM is integrated into ZCM11 product, you'll need to move to the latest version to do encryption.

>>>

Date: 12/7/2011 2:41 pm

Hey Mark,

With ZENworks you have one option to encrypt (now) and another option near February 2012 (ZCM 11 SP2).

Now, you can encrpypt Files & Folders (called "Safe Harbors") by using ZENworks Endpoint Security Management product, please note that it is integrated into ZCM, but licensed separately.

With ZCM 11 SP2 we'll add "Full Disk Encryption" which is whole disk/partitions encryption. Please note that also will be integrated into ZCM, but licensed separately.

Novell Client is NOT required in either case. ZCM is a completely agnostic solution.

Hope this helps,
Daniel

>>>

Date: 11/17/2011 1:16 pm

magic31;2153323 Wrote:

> I haven't looked at this yet, but thought the system drive needs to be
> encrypted as well.... Not sure and can check.
>
> In any case, the endpoint disk encryption will only be available
> starting ZCM 11 SP2 AFAIK?
>
> -Willem

--
markcoburn95
------------------------------------------------------------------------
markcoburn95's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=119532
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=448063
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.