Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Help on End point Security Management

Hi All

I am looking for the answer for the following queries.It would be more helpfull if anyone help me on this regards.

1.What would be the approximate time for encrypting 1 TB size video file.
2.Is it possible to send the encrypted data over ftp and remote side data decryption for different network/domain, who is not using the ZESM environment.

Regards
Murugesan Sundara velu
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Not applicable

Hi there,

1 - It depends. Encryption time varies depending on the hardware and the nature of the content being encrypted, and honestly - I have never tried encrypting a video. The positive side is that the content of an existing folder is not encrypted until the user accesses it for first time. For a new safe harbor, the content is encrypted once it is copied/moved inside.

2- We don't do Data in Motion encryption, except for Removable USB devices. The file will be sent over ftp unencrypted, because the encryption driver will decrypt the file upon the read I/O request from the HD. For decrypting USB devices for users outside ZESM, a standalone utility for password-based decryption is provided in the CD.

Hope this helps,
Daniel

>>>

To:novell.support.zenworks.endpoint-security-management
Date: 10/4/2010 3:36 AM
Subject: Help on End point Security Management

Hi All

I am looking for the answer for the following queries.It would be more
helpfull if anyone help me on this regards.

1.What would be the approximate time for encrypting 1 TB size video
file.
2.Is it possible to send the encrypted data over ftp and remote side
data decryption for different network/domain, who is not using the ZESM
environment.

Regards
Murugesan Sundara velu

--
nacetech
------------------------------------------------------------------------
nacetech's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=83652
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=422476
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.