Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Safe Harbour Encryption issue

Hello,

I'm currently stuck on a issue with encryption. I've set up in General Settings Safe Harbor Encryption and also encryption for removable devices. On the USB drive I have no problems files get encrypted just fine. The issue is with Safe Harbor. Checked the option, restarted the computer, the folders are in the root of each drive, but no matter what file I put in there I can still read it. I tried logging out from Novell Client, logged on the same computer with other user and still I can see the content of the file. Any clues on this? The documentation on this is pretty straight forward.

Thank you!
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Not applicable

It is WAD (working as designed).

The best way to test encryption is to share the safe harbor folder, and try to open the files from across the network.

You need to setup password encryption for the ZSC to ask the user for a second password in order to add a second layer of protection - if the user don't know this second password, then the ZSC will no decrypt the safe harbor's content.

I'm with you that the docs are not very rich when it comes to explain how encryption really works.

Best,
Daniel

>>>

To:novell.support.zenworks.endpoint-security-management
Date: 9/8/2010 12:36 PM
Subject: Safe Harbour Encryption issue

Hello,

I'm currently stuck on a issue with encryption. I've set up in General
Settings Safe Harbor Encryption and also encryption for removable
devices. On the USB drive I have no problems files get encrypted just
fine. The issue is with Safe Harbor. Checked the option, restarted the
computer, the folders are in the root of each drive, but no matter what
file I put in there I can still read it. I tried logging out from Novell
Client, logged on the same computer with other user and still I can see
the content of the file. Any clues on this? The documentation on this is
pretty straight forward.

Thank you!

--
Sebymargis
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sebymargis's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=54189
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=420385
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.