Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ZESM and E-set Virus software

We are starting a deployment of Dell Laptops using E-set virus software and we deploy the machines with End Point clients on them. When we push a policy to the machines it disables the "realtime file system protection" Being a gov't agency we need this to work, We have the machines set up with Windows 7 and just the basic install of E-set. we have contacted E-set and they told us to install the newest version of e-set and the End Point client, which we did and it still is not working. Any suggestions?
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

sh0lman;1992302 wrote:
We are starting a deployment of Dell Laptops using E-set virus software and we deploy the machines with End Point clients on them. When we push a policy to the machines it disables the "realtime file system protection" Being a gov't agency we need this to work, We have the machines set up with Windows 7 and just the basic install of E-set. we have contacted E-set and they told us to install the newest version of e-set and the End Point client, which we did and it still is not working. Any suggestions?

Have you tried adding exceptions for the endpoint client to the AV software?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

We have added the exception for EndPoint and it still kills the "realtime file protection" any other suggestions?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

sh0lman;1996986 wrote:
We have added the exception for EndPoint and it still kills the "realtime file protection" any other suggestions?

C:\Program Files\Novell\ZENworks Security Client
STEngine.exe
STUser.exe

Simon.

I would make sure that the folloing files:

STEngine.exe
STUser.exe

are excluded from any real-time scanning and the following directories:

c:\windows\system32\drivers\stss

I am not familiar with E-Set, is there anything in any kind of on-access log for the AV software? I would have a look in there for any errors/messages regarding the Endppoint software.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

SimonMag;1997466 wrote:
STEngine.exe
STUser.exe

Simon.

I would make sure that the folloing files:

STEngine.exe
STUser.exe

are excluded from any real-time scanning and the following directories:

c:\windows\system32\drivers\stss

I am not familiar with E-Set, is there anything in any kind of on-access log for the AV software? I would have a look in there for any errors/messages regarding the Endppoint software.

We have entered that information and checked the log files. there is nothing of value in the log files and have sent them on to e-set. The issue is getting a little more defined now, in that when we load the end point client on a machine with e-set everything is fine. when we push a policy to the client and have to reboot the box it then disables the real time monitoring. If the policy does not require a reboot, or if it is a blank policy it still works.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.