DMI Database/ Improvement for all HDD SDD devices

Idea ID 2781865

DMI Database/ Improvement for all HDD SDD devices

I have multiple systems where I needed to change the DMI settings and painfully tested which option might work. I also started a thread to collect all these Information:

https://forums.novell.com/showthread.php/463529-DMI-Settings-Info-Thread?verification_required=true

The process it is implemented now is not straight forward. Also new SSD like Samsung 840 EVO with self encryption (TCG Opal) are making many problems.

Would be great to see improvements here so that the DMI settings will not be needed anymore. Other solutions do not have these problems.
2 Comments
New Member.
Starting to use same SSD so this would be realy fine
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
ZENworks 2017 Update 1 includes a new Linux kernel which has virtually eliminated the need to use anything other than the default DMI setting supplied in the policy. ZENworks 2017 Update 1 is in beta now and scheduled for a mid year release. Darrin VandenBos ZENworks Product Manager
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.